TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pano roof stuttering

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Larry, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Larry

Larry Member

FYI for everyone-My roof was chattering and sticking when opening/closing. Apparently the motors on each side were out sync. Didn't see this anywhere on a search so I thought I would post it in case anyone else was having this problem.

2. HHHH

HHHH Member

Thanks for the update, this happened to me once, but I haven't noticed it again

3. Juan Burgundy

Juan Burgundy Member

My pano roof tracks were cleaned out by my service dept. and that worked.

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

I had a similar issue, although the stuttering was only on one side. Was severe enough that the roof did not close all the way on 3 occasions, although I was able to get it closed by partially re-opening and then closing it.

Service looked at it and did some minor adjustments, but decided to order new rails and replaced them a couple weeks ago after the parts came in.... Its very good now...

5. aaronw

aaronw Member

I had that issue too where it would stick on the right side. They lubed and cleaned the track and the problem is now gone.