Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano Roof + Textile Seats in sunny QLD = Sauna?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fwiw, I have the next gen in tan with a pano roof and the pano roof was "iffy" at purchase. HOWEVER, having run it through summer out to Dalby (Qld), and back , three times, with a week out there each time, in the REAL HEAT, I can say that I did not notice either excessive heat through the roof or "the sweats" with the next gen seats. The very best cleaner and protection agents for the leather seats I have found is Bowden's Own "Leather Love" and "Leather Guard". Water based and they need to be applied about 4 times a year unless you get the seats particularly mucky. After a couple of treatments with Leather Guard some users have reported that dye transfer "stains" from jeans and the like come straight out with "Leather Love". OK, the names are sucky and tongue in cheek, but the products work and they are Australian Made (100%).

I have tried the fabric seats, and have ordered my 70D with fabric.
The side bolsters are not as high as the leather, so don't hug the hips as much. I found the leather to be a bit snug.
The fabric seats are firm (maybe slightly firmer than the leather?). They look very smart, and have leather(ette) trim on all the scuff points, so should last well.
I've alternated between leather and fabric seats on my last few new cars, and the fabric usually seems more comfortable and breaths better.

Just wondering for people's opinions on if the Pano roof makes the roof look "more expensive"? Somebody I know has expressed the opinion (that I don't agree with) that having a Tesla parked at our house could invite thieves to our house - even if the car was hidden and out of sight ("they will see it coming and going"); so having a car that doesn't look expensive might be a priority.

(This may also conflict with my other priority of choosing the brightest colour possible (Red) so that the car has maximum visibility in foggy conditions, which are common where I live.)

Personally I think the pano roof makes the car look much more expensive, because that look is not easy to achieve on most normal cars. Usually people are happy for their car to look as expensive as possible, but if you're hoping to fly under the radar you might want to skip it.
Then again, if you're getting a Tesla you might as well go the whole way and just flaunt the awesomeness of your purchase.

Does having an obviously expensive looking car make you nervous about where you park it? e.g. thinking long term airport parking (ignore potential battery issues here), shopping centre car parks, train station car parks, etc. Or do you place faith in (a) the security systems of the car and (b) your insurance policy if somebody does (deliberately or accidentally) damage your care while it is parked?

I've had textile seats (& pano) for eighteen months - I think I was the only one of the original AU cars with textile.

They are really good - not a sticky as leather, and haven't worn at all. I also hear the seat heater warms up quicker.

The only problem they have is that they stain - A couple of times I've got stains without knowing where they come from. So they aren't maintenance free.

Does having an obviously expensive looking car make you nervous about where you park it? e.g. thinking long term airport parking (ignore potential battery issues here), shopping centre car parks, train station car parks, etc. Or do you place faith in (a) the security systems of the car and (b) your insurance policy if somebody does (deliberately or accidentally) damage your care while it is parked?

I have the exact same thoughts Brian. A friend of main recommended keeping my Golf for going to the shops etc and I gave him the raised eyebrow 'you don't get the whole point of this exercise do you!!' look. We don't live in a particularly affluent area and our closest Coles/Woolies/Aldi megashop is even less well off. So this is a predicament I am currently trying to work through/figure out.