Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got back from a quick stop to the factory/store. Practically no one there, and I got a chance to "play" with a car with no interruptions, which is much nicer then at Santana Row, where it is a zoo. Anyway I did that with the intent of exploring the Pano Roof, which I already ordered. After playing with the controls, scoping out the extra head room, and seeing more how it works, and how dark the glass is when it's closed, I am happy I ordered it. And I got to scope out the factory/delivery center for when I get that call to come and get mine!

Factory seemed like a ghost town, likely shutdown for Labor Day. I'll be glad when they are all back at work so they can finish making mine (and all of the others we are waiting for) :)

After playing with the controls, scoping out the extra head room, and seeing more how it works, and how dark the glass is when it's closed, I am happy I ordered it.

Good to hear! I ordered it too. I hear it does a good job blocking the heat (still might tint it), I'm just wondering how it does in cold weather? Does it do a good job at keeping the cold out of the cabin as well... esp when its snowing. I know it made a difference in keeping heat in with my Lexus IS 250 when I closed the shade.

Get the Pano roof. Well worth the extra head room alone. Took a test drive in an S with pano mid-day here in Hawaii on a hot day (the car had been sitting in the sun for hours) and the interior was comfortable. As a result, I ordered it.

180 pages of posts on the topic here: Panoramic Roof Creaking Noise. Several people have brought it in many times. Some have left it with Tesla for weeks. Everyone's response varies and for some people it has been fixed, but for many the problem invariably comes back. I have no doubt Tesla is working on the issue, but right now there seems to be no solution that works consistently in all cases and stays working over time.

The creaking noises seem more of an issue with early versions. I've had my MS since April - no noises or squeaks. Love it.

Love my pano. But one day shy of 4 months of ownership it developed the dreaded pano roof creak on Labor Day. No reason. It just appeared. What's interesting is that on Aug 12 when in to SC to fix passenger's side A-pillar rattle they performed a peremptory pano roof creak fix per a service bulletin. Still, it appeared out of the blue 3 days ago. I'm scheduled to go in for a fix next week.

Would those of you that have a Pano roof mind posting pictures of the inside of the pano roof with Alcantara headliner and with the standard headliner? I ordered a Pano roof, but did not opt for the Alcantara headliner and was wondering if there was a major aesthetics difference with and without this upgraded headliner.
thanks in advance

Would those of you that have a Pano roof mind posting pictures of the inside of the pano roof with Alcantara headliner and with the standard headliner? I ordered a Pano roof, but did not opt for the Alcantara headliner and was wondering if there was a major aesthetics difference with and without this upgraded headliner.

It's a matter of taste. I get a lot of compliments on my standard headliner at car shows. Basically it's fuzzy vs. textured.