Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The top of my head does feel a little warmer when in strong sunlight, like noon. I don't find it objectionable but YMMV.

As for the car being parked, when my car will sit out in the sun for a couple of hours I turn on the climate control with the app about once every 3 hours. Just me being obsessive. Yes, the car is going to get hot like any other, and the pano roof is going to make it a little hotter still, even though they've coated the pano roof to stop some of the UV and IR rays. If your car is going to sit out in the sun for long, and do so very often, I might second-guess the pano roof. Since my car stays inside most of the time, I have the pano roof and love it.

What pano sunshade retrofit kit?

FWIW, my wife has a BMW 535 Gran Turismo that's almost the exact same shape and size as the S. Big ole glass roof with a sliding sunshade covering it on the inside. Gets really, really hot when left in the sun. I would theorize -- and note that this is only speculation -- that (a) any car is going to get real hot if left in the sun, (b) any cars with glass roofs are going to be worse than average, and (c) the sunshade isn't going to do much for overall heat, it'll just stop direct sunlight from hitting your noggin.

(c) above is a very real benefit, just perhaps not as much of one as some people might expect it to be.

All the more reason that those of us that want and NEED the PANO SUNSHADE RETROFIT KIT, need to insist on getting it. Warming up in Nevada and the sun is super intense and I need my SUNSHADE RETROFIT KIT NOW!
I hope they get it to the people who want it but do you already have your Model S? If it is interior cabin temperature you are worried about the mobile app largely takes care of that. I haven't found the sun to be an issue in Texas with the pano roof but other obviously feel differently.

I hope they get it to the people who want it but do you already have your Model S? If it is interior cabin temperature you are worried about the mobile app largely takes care of that. I haven't found the sun to be an issue in Texas with the pano roof but other obviously feel differently.

Yes, I have my MS and want the pano sunshade primarily for the light and noise attenuation. Inside will get hot with or without a sunshade and having the mobile app to turn on the AC is an outstanding feature and another WOW. Not having the sunshade available is NOT UP TO TM STANDARDS!