Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panorama roof will not retract all the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else share my situation? When I slide touchscreen to open my pano roof, it starts for half a second and then stops retracting. When I slide it a second time, it retracts to about 50% and then stops and no matter how many times I try, it will not open further. It used to open all the way, and with only one slide to the touchscreen. It will close with one slide.

My last trip to the service center (for another issue) resulted in a complete fix of all problems however every personal preference was lost including my HomeLink settings. I was told that was required by the process of recalibrating the vehicle, and it took several hours to re-enter all the personal preference items. My garage's learning function requires partially disassembling the mechanism to expose the learn button. I'm reluctant to go through that again so I'm hoping that a firmware update will allow cloud storage of user settings, so after a recalibration they can be downloaded and restored.

If that cloud storage functionality is enabled soon, I would rather wait and have my pano roof fixed later. Anyone else have the same pano roof issue?