TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Panoramic roof question

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kyalami, May 2, 2015.

1. kyalami

kyalami Member

Does that panoramic roof decrease the headroom as opposed to the standard roof? I know that on many cars a sunroof decreases the headroom by as much as two inches.

I am 6'5" tall so it makes a difference...

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

It's actually the other way around in the Model S. The pano roof adds about 1-2" of headroom both in the front and more prominently, in the back.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It increases the headroom in the back considerably. The front is neutral.

4. Jhall118

Jhall118 Member

It actually increases it by 2". I'm the same height, and the panoramic roof was a must for me.

5. kyalami

kyalami Member

Great!.....Car I am considering has a panoramic roof and I was worried there for awhile....thanks for the quick reply.

6. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

Just a quick note, I'm 6' 2" and like to sit straight up. I have plenty of headroom with the panoramic roof. Hope this helps.

7. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

I'm also 6'5" and I have no headroom issues with the Pano Roof.