TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Panoramic Roof Shudder?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sorka, Jun 16, 2017.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

My pano roof just started doing this when I open it.

Anyone else seen this?

2. nigelboid

nigelboid Member

Yeah, the same thing happens to ours when the car overheats under the sun. Once it cools off, the roof runs fine.

HTH

3. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

It needs to be lubricated. Bring it in for service and they will take care of it.

4. dasRad

dasRad Member

Any idea what to lubricate it with? Some of us live 100's of kms away from a service centre and a visit involves an overnight stay.

I've asked the service centre on 2 occasions where to lube the sunroof, and with what, but have yet to hear a response.

5. Medpilot

Medpilot Member

Mine was shuddering quite a bit and even ripped up the rubber gasket around the sunroof. Took it into the service center and they are going to replace the entire sunroof. I have a Dec 2014 S and apparently there's a newer version. Just waiting for parts now.

6. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Get this fixed sooner rather than later. If you let it go it will get worse and eventually stretch the cables that move the roof which will require a more serious repair.