Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panoramic Roof Sun Shade now in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a 5th grade shop project.

Agreed. I put the sunshade for the rear hatch in since Tesla could not have the foresight to have actually tested the jump seat area temps on a sunny day and otherwise it's a torture chamber for the kids. Not putting that ugly thing in the sunroof though. Tesla needs to step up to the plate and find a real solution to the lack of ventilation for the jump seat area IMO.

I was at a car show today in 40 degree weather. The sunshades really worked well. I could open the roof to 20% and not get blasted by the light. Also it was no hotter in the car than outside. Note that I did have the windows open, but a car show two weeks ago when it was significantly cooler got complaints that it was hot--no complaints today.

- - - Updated - - -

I linked to it in the first page of this thread:

Panoramic Roof Sun Shade now in Tesla Store

I just picked a date from archive.org after I took delivery. Someone with more patience than me could figure out when they actually removed it from the site.

Thanks Mark. I forwarded it on to Tesla to refresh their memory :)

Purchased and installed prior to a road trip in 100 degree sunny northern Ca. Huge benefit for heat reduction and I didn't have to wear a hat for shade.

I agree. I am enjoying mine. I don't get a commission from TM :wink: and find it in line cost wise with many other upper end car add ons.

Just picked one set up earlier this week.

Because the shade fits within the slot within the headliner edge, the headroom pretty much reverts back to that for a pano-less Model S. Front and back.
Seems cooler from the reduced glare up front. And I think it diverts the AC flow somewhat to create a buffer zone between the shade and the closed pano glass.
Wife thinks it looks great, commented that it felt cooler - and loved the fact that when we drive with the pano open - it keeps the bugs out!

Only downside - have to remove and reinstall the shades manually when it comes time to wash/clean the interior.

Now the question is - what is the rear hatch sunshade like - does it cut heat in the interior even further? And how is the visibility reduction?

Just picked one set up earlier this week.

Because the shade fits within the slot within the headliner edge, the headroom pretty much reverts back to that for a pano-less Model S. Front and back.
Seems cooler from the reduced glare up front. And I think it diverts the AC flow somewhat to create a buffer zone between the shade and the closed pano glass.
Wife thinks it looks great, commented that it felt cooler - and loved the fact that when we drive with the pano open - it keeps the bugs out!

Only downside - have to remove and reinstall the shades manually when it comes time to wash/clean the interior.

Now the question is - what is the rear hatch sunshade like - does it cut heat in the interior even further? And how is the visibility reduction?

Works great. Cuts down heat and IMO does not affect visibility one bit.

If you look closely at the pictures on the Tesla site it doesn't look like it is from the interior of a Model S. The center cap between the visors is different as is the rearview mirror. Is this a Model S 2.0 prototype?
Huh, that's weird.

Actually when I first saw the pictures, I didn't think they were actually pictures. Looked more like a computer-generated illustration.