Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panoramic roof sun shades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 for almost a year now and it has been a near flawless experience. One of our small complaints is that on a sunny summer day the sunlight that comes in through the roof really is annoyingly hot, even with the A/C on. My goal is to have sun-shades that I can keep on while driving in addition to when the car is parked. I looked around, and settled on the shades by Evannex. They arrived today and I was disappointed to find that they are labeled "use only when parked" (or words to that effect).

Are all sun-shades for the roof to be used only when parked? If there are ones that will work when driving, would you please reply with which sun-shades can be used while driving. The Evannex ones do appear well made, but not being able to use them while driving is a deal breaker for me.

Thank you for any info or suggestions,
Mark

I have the Tesla sunshades for the front and rear. They are on the car 24/7 and work/fit great. Visibility is fine out the back.

I didn't want to tint anything so it's been the best solution so far. Never gets hot on the head and lets just the right amount of light in.

Agreed. Been running the Tesla Sunshades front and rear roof for over a year straight and have been extremely satisfied. Perfect amount of light and cool head. Back visibility fine as well. Two thumbs up.

Ski

I have the Tesla sunshades for the front and rear. They are on the car 24/7 and work/fit great. Visibility is fine out the back.

I didn't want to tint anything so it's been the best solution so far. Never gets hot on the head and lets just the right amount of light in.

Thank you....Quick follow up. Do you still have good vision to the rear, or does the Tesla rear sunshade block view to the rear?
Mark

You can get essentially clear ceramic tint which will help a lot with heat reduction. This is a good option If you don’t want the shades.

Even when it’s 100 degrees outside my interior stays around 110-115 when parked as long as I park with the windshield facing away from the sun. I didn’t get my windshield tinted. I use fan only cabin overheat.