Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panoramic roof sunshade OEM vs. Topfit Amazon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. Newbie here. Just picked up a '16 60 with pano.

I was wondering if anyone with a 2016 MS pano has ever purchased the OEM Tesla sunshade? It states that it's compatible with vehicles manufactured prior to June 2015. Are the MS pants different in accordance to manufactured date? I would imagine these should fit all MS panos.

Tesla — Model S Panoramic Roof Sunshades

Alternatively, I was also thinking about these from Topfit via Amazon for $99;

Amazon.com: Topfit Sunroof Sunshade for Tesla Model S (2 of Set): Cell Phones & Accessories

Thoughts?

Tesla informed me the screen would not fit my 2016 and directed me to Amazon. I ordered the Toplift and use it only for camping with roof open. It works great for keeping in fresh air and the sounds of crashing waves, and keeping out bugs. :eek: I've not used it for anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: Elice and Zaphod
While I have the Tesla one for both top and rear, a neighbor has TopFit. I think they're both very good so I'd go with Erandhawa recommendations even if there were not question about Tesla fitting. My only question (not a doubt, just question) is whether the TopFit has the very strong frame and tight fit that allow driving at high speed with sunroof open without glare or excessive wind. That is my favorite thing about mine. My neighbor never uses hers that way.

My only question (not a doubt, just question) is whether the TopFit has the very strong frame and tight fit that allow driving at high speed with sunroof open without glare or excessive wind. That is my favorite thing about mine. My neighbor never uses hers that way.

I haven't driven with it, but it's a very tight fit. I get frustrated popping it in/out. it takes a few minutes and I want it done in one. :rolleyes:

I haven't driven with it, but it's a very tight fit. I get frustrated popping it in/out. it takes a few minutes and I want it done in one. :rolleyes:
That makes me think it will be fine because very tight fit is one important part of high-speed survival. OTOH, I have not removed mine since I installed them nearly two years ago.

What year is your car? Was it manufactured before June 2015?
My friend has owned a Tesla 2014 Model S 85,and he also tried the Topfit brand one from Amazon,It looks perfect fit here.You can check follow.

Attachments

• sunroof.jpg
    sunroof.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 261
  • sunshade.jpg
    sunshade.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 190
That makes me think it will be fine because very tight fit is one important part of high-speed survival. OTOH, I have not removed mine since I installed them nearly two years ago.
Since I last posted in this thread I have seen a couple cars with the Topfit ones. We directly compared one that was installed in another S. Frankly, it is quite hard to perceive the difference. From Amazon they are $95.99 with discounts available for additional purchases. Rather irresistible, in my opinion.

I bought a lightly used Tesla set (front + rear + hatchback) off Craigslist for $100 and installed them on our March 2015 built P85D. They fit perfectly... although we don't leave the hatchback shade installed since it restricts rear visibility significantly. We'll only use it when parked in hot sunny parking lots for hours. Otherwise it sits nicely in the left rear trunk compartment in it's Tesla storage bag.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Since I last posted in this thread I have seen a couple cars with the Topfit ones. We directly compared one that was installed in another S. Frankly, it is quite hard to perceive the difference. From Amazon they are $95.99 with discounts available for additional purchases. Rather irresistible, in my opinion.
Mine is almost two years old and it remains snug. Still haven’t driven with it though. I Ike open air.

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca