TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Panoramic roof sunshade OEM vs. Topfit Amazon

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Anaki01, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Anaki01

Anaki01 Member

Hi guys. Newbie here. Just picked up a '16 60 with pano.

I was wondering if anyone with a 2016 MS pano has ever purchased the OEM Tesla sunshade? It states that it's compatible with vehicles manufactured prior to June 2015. Are the MS pants different in accordance to manufactured date? I would imagine these should fit all MS panos.

Tesla — Model S Panoramic Roof Sunshades

Alternatively, I was also thinking about these from Topfit via Amazon for $99;

Amazon.com: Topfit Sunroof Sunshade for Tesla Model S (2 of Set): Cell Phones & Accessories

Thoughts?

2. Villa-Lobos

Villa-Lobos Member

I have the Tesla pano roof sunshades and they work great. do not know about the Topfit brand.

• Like x 1
  3. Anaki01

Anaki01 Member

What year is your car? Was it manufactured before June 2015?

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Mine is a 10/14 car and the Tesla ones fit great. I'd try the Topfits. Amazon will take them back if they don't fit and they are cheaper.

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Tesla informed me the screen would not fit my 2016 and directed me to Amazon. I ordered the Toplift and use it only for camping with roof open. It works great for keeping in fresh air and the sounds of crashing waves, and keeping out bugs. :eek: I've not used it for anything else.

• Informative x 1
  6. Erandhawa

Erandhawa Member

I've been using the TopFit one for about 6 months now with no issues

• Like x 1
  7. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

While I have the Tesla one for both top and rear, a neighbor has TopFit. I think they're both very good so I'd go with Erandhawa recommendations even if there were not question about Tesla fitting. My only question (not a doubt, just question) is whether the TopFit has the very strong frame and tight fit that allow driving at high speed with sunroof open without glare or excessive wind. That is my favorite thing about mine. My neighbor never uses hers that way.

8. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I haven't driven with it, but it's a very tight fit. I get frustrated popping it in/out. it takes a few minutes and I want it done in one. :rolleyes:

9. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

That makes me think it will be fine because very tight fit is one important part of high-speed survival. OTOH, I have not removed mine since I installed them nearly two years ago.