Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panoramic roof sunshade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have them and like them. They fit perfectly - they come in a pouch and unfold to fit perfectly in the grooves around the pano roof (like those little wire and cloth frisbees that fold up into a small sack). Takes about 30 seconds to install in each section and less time to take out. Yes, I think they work well - especially if I leave my car out all day in the sun. And what I really like them for is to be able to open the sun roof and not have any bugs, birds, debris, etc. fall into the car.

Fits very well, easy to put in storage bag, serves its purpose well.

Personally, I didn’t see a need for it as it blocked my kids view out the rear pano window, I like the open feel with the pano open, and the cabin temp with just the factory coated pano glass has been sufficient for me so I sold mine.

Here’s some pics if they help:

A228848E-4CD7-47DF-9076-D4EE00793B9B.jpeg
0A94032C-A4BB-4869-AE36-917CA9F35AA7.jpeg
956D9AE2-B6C7-413D-A2BC-49896F2851D8.jpeg
63B78DF2-AC04-4DB3-AA7A-5455E44E5031.jpeg
E006A737-1A6A-49C2-BBF6-9AAFFE27488C.jpeg

I have the all glass roof and the new tesla sunshade... it's not easy to deploy while seated but it is a nice thing to have as it looks good and is good for road trips with folks that don't like glare.

I have both the Tesla version and auto heat shield’s for all glass roof... the options are helpful for road trips and hot sunny days. I love the glass roof as I sit here and type this a bird is standing on my roof:eek:
I have the Tesla shade on right now
Nothing beats heat blocking of the auto heat shield.... if you are hypermiling and want to use the ac.
Not having a built in shade is my biggest criticism of my otherwise awesome car

Reactions: DIL
We have had the Panoramic Sunroof sunshades (not the one for the all glass roof and not the liftgate version) for a number of months and really like them, worth buying in our view. We bought them in the spring and have used throughout the summer. Our interior is all black and hubby likes the darker interior feel that they provide so has decided to keep them up all the time. You can still see up through them so we don't feel like we're in a closed cabin and you still have that feeling of openness above you. I look at having them as kind of another layer of insulation from the sun on your head. We do like to occasionally drive with the sunroof open so it come in handy then.

You get way more heat transfer from your other windows and really very little from above in general. I would say that with the pano sunshades installed we feel we have less eye strain especially during our hot cloudless days here when the sun is particularly strong, so there's that benefit too.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I used the panoramic shade in the front mainly to deal with open roof. I never installed the rear one.

First, it keeps insects out and cuts down wind noise. Second, it mitigates impact of direct sunlight overhead.

I opened the pano roof much more with the shade in place.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
These are things that are not that expensive and my experience with them are all the above especially the mitigation of the sun and wind noise(roof open). Happily they fit nicely and after a time you forget they are there. Winter is coming now in Florida, can't wait to take them off for six months and open her up. If you don't buy them at some point they may become unavailable. Floor matts are another item. Good to have a second set I feel.

Yes, I have a problem also without auto sunshade in this car. MY kids VW Tiguan has it full panoramic auto sunshade. That car new was less then a third of the cost of my new Model S. Not a disqualifier though, just one of the few items missing in this car that could be there.

Reactions: David29 and DIL