Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panoramic Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys!
I'm in the market for a Model S 2018-19. Today I came across the one that has a panoramic sunroof which can be opened and closed.
If I'm not mistaken, model S only comes with fixed glass roof from 2018 model. what am I missing here? is there possibly that car is manufactured 2017 and sold as 2018?
I check the vin decoder and the Carfax report also it is still saying 2018 model. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

The panoramic sunroof was "officially" removed from the online configurator on November 10th, 2018, but... Tesla continued to offer the panoramic sunroof as an "off the menu item" which could be ordered directly with a Tesla salesperson instead of configured online.

It's hard to know for how long Tesla continued to offer it as an off the menu item, but considering that it was removed from the online configurator on November 2018, it's very possible to even have an early 2019 built Model S with the panoramic sunroof.

• Informative
Reactions: Takumi
The panoramic sunroof was "officially" removed from the online configurator on November 10th, 2018, but... Tesla continued to offer the panoramic sunroof as an "off the menu item" which could be ordered directly with a Tesla salesperson instead of configured online.

It's hard to know for how long Tesla continued to offer it as an off the menu item, but considering that it was removed from the online configurator on November 2018, it's very possible to even have an early 2019 built Model S with the panoramic sunroof.
Thank you so much for your clarification. I almost thought I got scammed lol.

My Model S is a perfect example of this. My car (early 2019 build) has both the panoramic sunroof and the rear facing seats (both of which were officially removed in 2018).