Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

paper crumbling sound from behind dash...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zambono

Mar 1, 2016
DC
2k miles after 50k warranty is over I am getting a sound from behind the dash trim, to the right of the screen and middle vent. It happens on medium sized and larger road imperfections and sounds like paper crumbling, or like a candy wrapper crumbling. Very annoying and surprisingly loud. By pressing in on the dash, down on the upper leather, and up from below the sound will go away for some time. Has anybody experienced, will removing the dash and glueing or attaching something fix it? thanks

I cannot help you with your actual question, But mine has the same problem. It IS however still under warranty and has been taken to the Service center twice. However, no result whatsoever. So it might not be as easy as you think...
Strange thing in mine is that the sound only appears in very warm weather.

Mine had a similar annoying sound and I spent some time with service center to track it down. Tech thought is was the air vent, which is supposedly common, but ended up being the a-pillar trim near the speaker. One of the clips was not all the way in? You need to have an interested tech for this to happen...