Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

paper/marble dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else think this looked weird? Is there no glove box? All that space being consumed jutting out into the cabin and no storage anywhere inside it? Hard angles too? How's your face going to feel in an accident if you hit that?
How's it going to hold up to wear? Moisture/spills?

Things like that are often not worried about in pre-production models. Why go through the step to create a glove box for a show car.
Model X, 3, and Y had glove boxes at their reveals, did they not? How far do we think the CT we're seeing is from the actual production truck? I don't think the steering wheel will make it (at least I hope not) but for the most part it wouldn't surprise me if the rest doesn't change much..
As it stands now there's only the center armrest/seat for hidden storage near the driver. I don't know about you guys but the center console and glove in the current MS is just barely enough for me. Was hoping the CT would have more than MS.

Reactions: E Dizzle
Model X, 3, and Y had glove boxes at their reveals, did they not? How far do we think the CT we're seeing is from the actual production truck? I don't think the steering wheel will make it (at least I hope not) but for the most part it wouldn't surprise me if the rest doesn't change much..
As it stands now there's only the center armrest/seat for hidden storage near the driver. I don't know about you guys but the center console and glove in the current MS is just barely enough for me. Was hoping the CT would have more than MS.

I agree! All current trucks have an abundance of interior storage and I didn't even notice bottle holders in any doors looking at the test ride videos. I hope they figure out the interior storage in the next year or else it will be pretty disappointing.

Does anyone else think this looked weird? Is there no glove box? All that space being consumed jutting out into the cabin and no storage anywhere inside it? Hard angles too? How's your face going to feel in an accident if you hit that?
How's it going to hold up to wear? Moisture/spills?

Agreed, it looked weird. I'm attributing it to running out of time to fully mock up the interior. I'm expecting the paper/ marble dash to change when it comes time to configure/ order.

We have kitchen counters made of paper. Paperstone. Awesome material, and ideal for a car material for recycling (way) down the road. Obviously it’s waterproof and durable. It’s heavy, but our counters are a 1.25” thick.

That Dash?
I really thought that when the driver said, "That's made of paper." That the next thing out of his mouth was going to be, "But this area is prime real estate visually, and for storage So Big Ee is going to work something special up for this area.
To which i automatically thought... "Perfect for long gun storage/access."