Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parade Day! Flag adornment, dimensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Dressing up a Model S for parade day... I put our provincial flag on the rear, and two small flags on the side mirrors.

The irony of this parade is the Old Fashioned theme (witness the tractors in front of me)... but when you're hauling dignitaries around, it's an exception! The recently elected provincial government is pro-alternative engergy... and this is coming from an oil rich province. I had two members of the legislative assembly as "my captive audience" for a couple hours... and LOTS of questions and interest in EV cars ensued. I chauffeured one home after the parade... and got up to speed quickly on the highway. "Wow, that feels different." Definitely gave them something tangible to think and talk about.

parade car.jpg

Just in case you want to do something similar, a flag that measures 5' x 3' (60 x 36 inches) is PERFECT for the rear hatch. A couple inches to spare on sides, enough to wrap around the hatch sides and tape it down from underneath the hatch.. with duct tape. And an inch or so tucks along into the gap between top of hatch glass and roof. The 3' height of the flag just perfectly covers to the bottom of the rear glass.

For side mirrors, a couple 9" x 6" flags on 15 inch masts... taped to the inside facing surfaces of the mirror pods, duct tape.

If you're sizing up door decals... don't get magnetic ones, they don't stick to aluminum. I got signs made in chloroplast (corrugated plastic) and used several pieces of duct tape rolled back on itself to make tacky pads to hold them on invisibly from behind. Door signs that are 24" wide by 16" tall are perfect fit for both front and rear doors.

And put those Zero Emissions plates on if you have them.

Generated a lot of interest and conversation with walkers-by and when parked at the finish of the parade picnic grounds.

For most people, it would be the first Tesla they've seen in person.

Last edited: