Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parallel parking curb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that my car doesn't give me any chime warning as I parallel park into a space and am about to hit a curb. I have a Lexus Suv that does this, so it caught me by surprise when I heard my car crush against the curb.

What's the best way to parallel park in this car (manually)? I followed the curved lines so that when I turned the wheel back, they were parallel with the curb. But somehow I still hit.

NOTE: Autopark detects potential perpendicular parking spaces that are at least 9.5 feet (2.9 meters) wide with a vehicle parked on each side. Autopark detects parallel parking spaces that are at least 20 feet (6 meters), but less than 30 feet (9 meters) long. Autopark does not operate on angled parking spaces.

Tesla has been criticized in the past for dragging their feet on mobile access to cars purchased second hand. You got access pretty much the same day, right? So that’s improved. Did you buy it used directly from Tesla, private party, or non Tesla dealership? What firmware you have?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Did Tesla hook you up that fast or did the private party give you a login? What firmware? It’s on the bottom of the app home screen or on the software page in the car.

It had nothing to do with Tesla. He went online and filled out the proper Transfer information. Simultaneously, I'd already made a Tesla account. My app worked immediately, fully functioning. Not sure why others have had to wait to register, but maybe it's because the prior owner didn't properly transfer the car through the web site

• Informative
Reactions: captanzuelo
The online function didn’t always exist. I see its there now, thanks for the info. Since it’s on the Tesla owners page, I’d say the transfer has everything to do with Tesla.

What firmware on you on?

I meant that the owner, who works for Tesla, had nothing to do with the app working immediately. I think it was the combo of him transferring while I already had an account.

I'm on 2020.24. 6.4