Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paramus NJ (Route 17) Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This SC shows up as an 8 stall charger but when I go to the charger home page it looks like it is the showroom location. Is there an issue with stall availability if that is a showroom location?

I know, for example, here in Toronto, the showroom location often has all of the stalls full with service cars or otherwise but it is not typically a viable SC location.

I will be going through this area, possibly on a Sunday evening. Should I anticipate SC availability or better to look elsewhere?

Thx

It is a Supercharger located at a showroom.

The couple times I charged there were a while back and outside business hours. I had no problems then, but hopefully someone with more recent knowledge can chime in.

I live about a mile from there. It gets packed from time to time since that's the only supercharger location in the area. They have about 8 stalls and a couple destination chargers against the building for the vehicles being serviced.

Yonkers, which according to the app is always empty, is the next closest location. But that is not so close.

Thx for the input. Maybe I will have luck there Sunday evening. I’m staying in teaneck Sunday evening so I can always just check the availability in the evening.

Do you ever take your car and charge in the City?

I posted in another thread but haven’t received any replies yet. I will be in Manhattan on Monday and depending on how much charge I have Sunday evening I may need charging on Monday.

I noticed there are a couple of lots around Port Authority / New York Times building that have destination chargers but wondering if you have any experience with them.
Thx

Thx for the input. Maybe I will have luck there Sunday evening. I’m staying in teaneck Sunday evening so I can always just check the availability in the evening.

I posted in another thread but haven’t received any replies yet. I will be in Manhattan on Monday and depending on how much charge I have Sunday evening I may need charging on Monday.

I noticed there are a couple of lots around Port Authority / New York Times building that have destination chargers but wondering if you have any experience with them.
Thx

I’ve used the SuC on 47th street on the east side. It’s a valet garage so you will need to leave your fob with them. Was a little nervous because the garage is tight and the S is a big car but I had no issues. They will move cars around if the charging stations are occupied. It’s an urban Supercharger and I was not charged any idle fees (not sure if that has changed).

This is location:

Supercharger - New York City - E 47th Street

Thx

I work in midtown and take the car into the city sometimes. I've have used the destination chargers at several garages. Some are really cool about it and don't charge, some do. I usually just charge at home since I'm only 20 miles from the city.