Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paramus Service Center Closed Indefinitely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: Edited to remove reference to Superchargers.

The Paramus service center will be closed it appears. They got severely damaged and are fencing off the entire area tomorrow.

Attachments

• 118018DD-BBD6-4447-A0F4-046995AAED3E.jpeg
    118018DD-BBD6-4447-A0F4-046995AAED3E.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 563
Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand the showroom & office area getting closed off, but I am surprised that the damage is considered so severe that Tesla has to close down the shop!
Apparently all the vehicles that were on location are totaled. Including vehicles that customers had there for service. Tesla is saying this is a months long closure. They better get eatontown up and running ASAP.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB and cwerdna
Very curious what happened. We had storms last night here but nothing to do that damage. FYI I went passed tonight en route home. It’s all plywood boarded up, the other cars are all at the secondary lot not too far away. I go passed frwuenetly looking for my model Y. I guess they’ll be doing deliveries from Springfield.

Very curious what happened. We had storms last night here but nothing to do that damage. FYI I went passed tonight en route home. It’s all plywood boarded up, the other cars are all at the secondary lot not too far away. I go passed frwuenetly looking for my model Y. I guess they’ll be doing deliveries from Springfield.
Thanks for the update. This is a sad situation for every tesla owner in NJ. The lack of service appointments has been a severe issue and now with Paramus gone this will only be more of a disaster. They need to rush the repairs and open eatontown ASAP. I read a story of a person who was supposed to take delivery of a M3P on Thursday but it was completely destroyed. Now he has to wait again. SUCKKKSSSS.

Apparently all the vehicles that were on location are totaled. Including vehicles that customers had there for service. Tesla is saying this is a months long closure. They better get eatontown up and running ASAP.
What I heard was that only the vehicles inside the building were totaled. There was a roof collapse from water on the roof and that is what busted the window as well. I had an appointment to p/u my Model 3 LFP tomorrow at 3pm. No idea what will happen now.

What I heard was that only the vehicles inside the building were totaled. There was a roof collapse from water on the roof and that is what busted the window as well. I had an appointment to p/u my Model 3 LFP tomorrow at 3pm. No idea what will happen now.
The location of the shattered glass makes more sense now. Thanks.

My model Y was inside there for repair. I heard there was flood damage to my car from service, but no one said totaled…. Where did you hear that they were totaled?

My model Y was inside there for repair. I heard there was flood damage to my car from service, but no one said totaled…. Where did you hear that they were totaled?
Some guy on Reddit was saying that.
Just a guess on JFreader's part—not an official statement. From Reddit:
JFreader
-2018 LR RWD
If it was there during the storm then it is probably totaled.

I was supposed to take delivery monday, but now that's completely up in the air now, I was moved to springfield but then that got cancelled and i haven't been able to reach anyone.

The car is supposedly still at the ridgefield rail auto depot, anyone know if there was flooding or damage there?

I was supposed to take delivery monday, but now that's completely up in the air now, I was moved to springfield but then that got cancelled and i haven't been able to reach anyone.

The car is supposedly still at the ridgefield rail auto depot, anyone know if there was flooding or damage there?
Was previously scheduled to pick up M3 SR+ in Paramus 9/4. Was moved to Princeton but can’t get a straight answer from anyone on timing. They all keep telling me that Princeton is going to reach out to me to schedule. Won’t tell me where the car is. Won’t put me in touch with Princeton directly. UGH

Was previously scheduled to pick up M3 SR+ in Paramus 9/4. Was moved to Princeton but can’t get a straight answer from anyone on timing. They all keep telling me that Princeton is going to reach out to me to schedule. Won’t tell me where the car is. Won’t put me in touch with Princeton directly. UGH
I would call Princeton directly or get in touch with the corporate sales people. Or, try to chat on tesla site.

FWIW: Had a delivery appointment on 8/31 for my M3LR. Incurred minor damage during transport, the car was scheduled for service to remediate, new appointment scheduled for 9/14. Storm hits, As of yesterday, my appointment was removed and edd of 9/3-9/6 was provided, today edd was changed to 9/4 - 9/7. Spoke to someone from Paramus dealership today, said they are still planning to do the service (did not indicate where the work was to be performed) and the car will likely be ready for 9/9.