TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Parcel shelf gone from online store

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by joshuaeven, Apr 7, 2013.

1. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Awaiting delivery and I'm considering buying the parcel shelf. To my surprise it's not in the online store anymore. Too late to add it to my car as an option, but is it possible to buy it through the local service center?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I suspect that they are so far behind in parcel shelf deliveries that they temporarily removed it. The last post I saw was that vin 600 or so was just getting theirs. I'm in the 5000s so there is a long way to go before they will have stock.

3. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

For the record, I'm Sig VIN 320 and still have the parcel shelf and cubby as due bill items. Not surprising that they removed it from the site as the backlog on items like these seems enormous.

4. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

A piece of light board, some thin padding, and a nice leather cover... I wonder how much a custom shelf would cost.

5. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

Probably shouldn't say this, but I'm Prod VIN 17XX and got it about two weeks ago... Odd.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I was told they would ship mine directly to my home once it's available. I wonder what's so hard about putting some carpet on a piece of panel board?

7. Enadler

Enadler Member

Been living with my S for 6 weeks now without the parcel shelf. I have come to the realization that I don't need it so I called Tesla this past Friday and cancelled it. They were very good about it.

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

OP I've got two sitting in my basement. I plan to keep one as a backup but if you're interested I could let the other go for less than what tesla is trying to get

9. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The primary use for a parcel shelf is when traveling so you don't have to unload every piece of luggage out of the car every night. There is also reported to be some effect on buffeting and sound quality. I think the jury is still out on those items though.

10. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

I think they are having issues with shipping them to the proper address too. According to Tesla mine went to California instead of Georgia and I have seen comments from others that had similar delivery issues.

11. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

I would think that being able to hide the objects in the trunk space is eminently more significant. I've become accustomed to hiding things under lab coats when out and about. I'd really appreciate the parcel shelf when it finally freaking arrives!

12. Enadler

Enadler Member

yes hiding objects is a great use however anything i need to hide I can usually put in the frunk!

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Yes, they're sending half of them to AnOutsider. ;)

14. Electric1

Electric1 Member

1) Based on my sorry experience, lab coat visable = very bad idea. I had a window broken and the coat stolen, guessing they thought there was a prescription pad in there.

2) I hope this doesn't become another headliner type thing they that they decide to delete after the fact, because since the incident described above, I simply do not buy hatchbacks without covers. This truly seems to be a very small problem to fix, but it is the kind of lack of attention to detail that is really starting to bother me with TM.

15. KOSTINER

KOSTINER Member

I'm VIN 2311. I received mine in the mail 2-3 weeks ago

16. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

That is tempting - especially since someone else posted they canceled without a problem.

Daughter has a large band saw, and fabric stores like Jo-Ann have an amazing variety of possible coverings.

17. K Hall

K Hall Member

I am still waiting on mine.

18. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

S0791 told it would come in a week:cursing:

19. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

One word: Frunk.

20. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Mine was shipped to Orlando, but I live near Denver. VIN 118...still waiting.