Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel shelf gone from online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that they are so far behind in parcel shelf deliveries that they temporarily removed it. The last post I saw was that vin 600 or so was just getting theirs. I'm in the 5000s so there is a long way to go before they will have stock.

Been living with my S for 6 weeks now without the parcel shelf. I have come to the realization that I don't need it so I called Tesla this past Friday and cancelled it. They were very good about it.

The primary use for a parcel shelf is when traveling so you don't have to unload every piece of luggage out of the car every night. There is also reported to be some effect on buffeting and sound quality. I think the jury is still out on those items though.

The primary use for a parcel shelf is when traveling so you don't have to unload every piece of luggage out of the car every night. There is also reported to be some effect on buffeting and sound quality. I think the jury is still out on those items though.

I would think that being able to hide the objects in the trunk space is eminently more significant. I've become accustomed to hiding things under lab coats when out and about. I'd really appreciate the parcel shelf when it finally freaking arrives!

I would think that being able to hide the objects in the trunk space is eminently more significant. I've become accustomed to hiding things under lab coats when out and about. I'd really appreciate the parcel shelf when it finally freaking arrives!

1) Based on my sorry experience, lab coat visable = very bad idea. I had a window broken and the coat stolen, guessing they thought there was a prescription pad in there.

2) I hope this doesn't become another headliner type thing they that they decide to delete after the fact, because since the incident described above, I simply do not buy hatchbacks without covers. This truly seems to be a very small problem to fix, but it is the kind of lack of attention to detail that is really starting to bother me with TM.