TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Parcel Shelf is now a free option for new orders

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by ThomasC, Jun 4, 2014.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Member

I didn't order it because I thought it wasn't worth $1500, but then yesterday I found out that it has became a free option to new orders so I email David to include it for my order. Here is his respond:

You have keen eyes! Indeed, we are including this as standard for new orders.
    As for existing orders, we have yet to decide how we would proceed, whether to include it automatically, to reach out to individual customers, or not to include it, especially for cars that are already built.
    For your case specifically, my best guess is that you will be contacted by our team if we decide to reach out regarding this option.It wouldn't be fair to us since we reserved our cars long before these new buyers,
    people who didn't get this option for free should ask for a refund on it and those who didn't include it into their configuration should also ask them to include it.

2. wslam

wslam Member

Thanks for the info!
    I ordered it, and I surely hope they will subtract the $1500 when it's time to pay for the car.

3. wslam

wslam Member

How about the Frunk's cargo net? Is that optional or included?

4. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Mods: Please correct the typo in the title of this thread from "not" to "now".

5. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

The parcel shelf alone was a $1500 option?!! I like mine (it came with the Sigs, or rather, it came after delivery at no cost), but would have given it a miss at that price.

6. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

something is wrong in this thread. the parcel shelf is $250, not $1500.

7. ThomasC

ThomasC Member

We are from Hong Kong, So its $1500 HK Dollar. Sorry for the misunderstanding

8. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

If we don't do anything, we will get the parcel shelf, or do we need to contact TM to ask for it?

9. Alipapa

Alipapa Member

I don't think they will give Sig order a refund on it

10. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

just another sig tax HAHA

11. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

Not only that, actually, there is another free gift with Alcantara Headliner in HKD.
    Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

12. ThomasC

ThomasC Member

According to what David says, they will only contact you if they decide to include it for the reserved order (Just like the headliner option). So I would definitely call them up and ask them to include it in my order.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, but Derek has reached out to the buyers regarding the headliner option but not the Parcel Shelf

13. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

I've asked about it as well, I don't see how they can get away with not providing it for free if new orders get it free. Not supporting early adopters.

14. lx3h

Thanks, emailed

15. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

What about the person that just picked it up yesterday. Or the day before or last week. They'd be willing to go to the service center to get theirs. You have to have a cut off otherwise anyone can say well it was "just" delivered or will be delivered tomorrow, etc. etc. Everyone is an early adopter still.

16. lx3h

Only for orders after 2 Jun. Late bird gets the worms

17. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I ordered after June 2, 2012, so I should be eligible. Or is it 2011?

18. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

So much for customer loyalty and service.

19. arg

arg Member

UK orders (sig and otherwise) had the same issue of the parcel shelf being chargeable at the time of ordering but changed to free before deliveries start.

We have all been told that we will be getting it free, and the final price has been adjusted accordingly on our paperwork. Of course we don't have our cars yet, but those promised delivery for next week (not me) have already paid at the reduced price.

On the other hand, we are also getting less charging equipment than originally promised: at time of ordering, the UMC was bundled with the car, and a type2 cable was an (overpriced) optional extra. Now, we are getting the type2 with the car instead of the UMC. While this is arguably a better thing for them to bundle, the cynic in me says that the difference in cost between an UMC and a type2 cable will have more than paid for a free parcel shelf...

20. ThomasC

ThomasC Member

June 2 2014