Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel Shelf / Load Cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

First post, long time lurker with a UK reservation (planning on 7-seat P90DL).

I have searched and looked everywhere but can't find the answer.

Is there any form parcel shelf or load cover available for when the 3rd row up OR down?

I feel mine will have the 3rd row flat a fair bit of the time and was wondering if there is some way to cover the rear load space when they are folded from prying eyes?

The car doesn't seem to come with anything.

I suppose I could always put things in the frunk instead...

To answer your questions when the seats are folded down there is no slider or anything to cover the contents in the back seat however there is a shelf that you can adjust up and down and place contents which can be covered up.That is where the charger is and of course like you mentioned you can also use the frunk.

We asked about this at delivery. There WILL be a parcel shelf available for purchase for the production Model Xs from Tesla. When the 3rd row seats are folded down, there are "rails" on the side that are actually covered up by spring loaded plastic to make it look seamless and part of the car's body. You can push down on them with your finger and see how the parcel shelf will attach. What a surprise to us all!

Now we just wait for it to be made available for purchase.

I won't speak for those with Founders models which may have had a parcel shelf included, albeit of a different configuration. I only know what I've read here and there on the forums for those early vehicles.

We asked about this at delivery. There WILL be a parcel shelf available for purchase for the production Model Xs from Tesla. When the 3rd row seats are folded down, there are "rails" on the side that are actually covered up by spring loaded plastic to make it look seamless and part of the car's body. You can push down on them with your finger and see how the parcel shelf will attach. What a surprise to us all!

I won't speak for those with Founders models which may have had a parcel shelf included, albeit of a different configuration. I only know what I've read here and there on the forums for those early vehicles.

That is great to hear, thanks.

Since I most likely won't be getting mine in the UK for over a year, I can only hope it is available by then!

Our Sig has the necessary rails and mounting points in the trunk area to cover the trunk when the third row is folded down. I'd go snap a picture but it's my wife's car and, for some reason, she insists on driving it. ;)

WHile I was at my service center I asked about those covered slots and was told the same thing. That they were for a future rear cover/shelf.