TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Parcel shelf now standard in Germany

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by AustinPowers, Apr 2, 2014.

1. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

Did anyone notice, the parcel shelf is now standard on all German Model S versions?

At least that's what it says in the current German version of the configurator.

2. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

Also in Norway. You can deselect it, but default it is included at no cost. I can't see any price changes either.

Edit: One more change - prepaid annual service for 5 years is now listed as an option.

3. matbl

matbl Member

Sweden too. Prepaid service is still 4 years here though.

*argh* This change happened about 30 minutes after I confirmed my order for a design where I pay for it. Not much money but somewhat annoying!

4. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

#4 Yggdrasill, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Wait a minute, the price on the 5 year prepaid service has also been reduced by about $600. That's pretty good! :)

Edit: I see what they did. By allowing people to order it as an option on the car, rather than after they get the car, there's VAT exemption on the service as well.

5. On the generic EU site, parcel shelf is also included at no extra cost. It's safe to assume that all Euro-bound Model S's will have the parcel shelf included as standard.

6. Pate

Pate Member

When I ordered my car in January I forgot to add the parcel shelf (as I somehow thought it was included standard, and in the Finnish price list it was called "trunk protection" which I did not realize meant parcel shelf!). I contacted my dealer later on and asked whether I could get it included, and luckily they had one extra which they can sell to me. Looks like I now have a good case for requesting it to be included free of charge. :smile:

7. hileyms

hileyms Member

It is included in the price on the UK website as well.

8. matbl

matbl Member

I got confirmation that it will be included in the base price for me. Probably more hassle for Tesla to handle it separately since the confirmation must have been minutes before the change.

9. kp.sfo

kp.sfo Member

Good news for you guys in Europe. Here in the US the parcel shelf is still a $250 option.

10. MassX1317

MassX1317 Addicted to TMC

So it went from 4 to 5 years and was reduced by $600? What is your cost in US Dollars?

11. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Right. Also in Italy parcel shelf is included at no extra cost.

12. Hybris

Hybris Member

the shelf is not worth the money so great that its now free... Factory tinted windows would be much better...