Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel shelf (pic) and CF spoiler - FINALLY!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email from a service center in Ohio that my parcel shelf was on the way. Anyone else get one?

Yes, I got this yesterday:

Dear Model S Owner:

According to our records you ordered a Parcel Shelf for your Model S, which was not available at time of delivery. I am happy to advise that we are now shipping Parcel Shelves to Due Billed vehicles. You should expect to receive your shelf in approximately 3 weeks. If you do not receive your shelf by Monday March 25th, please contact the Columbus Service Manager. We sincerely apologize for the inconvience, and appreciate your patience during the fufillment process.

Best Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

P.S. Due to new service center openings you may receive more then one email advising on the status of your Parcel Shelf. We apologize in advance, but wanted to ensure everyone was contacted with the updated status.

Oh and here's a fun tip/story: I was done and pulling away when they waved me down and told me to come back. They probably know how picky I am about little details and said they had forgotten to go into the service screens and update the little picture of my car that comes up when you press the "T" logo on the screen. There's actually a setting there whether to show the spoiler or not, just like there is for color and wheel choice. Mine's a Performance edition, and does show the "P85" logo on screen, but the setting for the spoiler is actually separate.
I wonder if they can update the picture to a color that is not Standard like mine? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

For those who had issues with pressure buffeting in the car, when I installed my parcel shelf last week it solved the issue for me.
Are you talking about buffeting with the sunroof open?

- - - Updated - - -

I could sense Erick's frustrations with the internal processes for the service division, it sounded like multiple requests to the factory were ignored, and they had near zero visibility as to when parts were getting shipped to them.
Got the same frustration feeling from LA that factory HQ communication seems like a black hole. I'm sure it has to do with the speed they've ramped up and the push to get the cars out! :cursing:

To answer a few of the questions above,
• having the parcel shelf DOES noticeably stop buffeting noise when panorama roof is open. huge difference.
• if there's a difference in the level of motor-whine noise (or road noise, tire noise) heard from the driver's seat, I can't really notice it. Logically, it should be quieter as there's now an additional cover over the area where the noise is coming from, but I honestly can't tell the difference. Still hear that whine when accelerating and still hear the basic motor noise when on the highway.
• i don't think the spoiler helps with dirt/dust on the back of the car. My black car is still dirty pretty quick this time of year, both above and below the spoiler, and seems to be about the same as before I had the spoiler.

My service manager told me that the spoiler and P85 badging would be shipped directly to my home, when I thought I recalled that they must be installed by the service center. Has anyone here gotten them directly shipped, versus installed by service center?

My service manager told me that the spoiler and P85 badging would be shipped directly to my home, when I thought I recalled that they must be installed by the service center. Has anyone here gotten them directly shipped, versus installed by service center?

This doesn't sound correct. I had the San Diego service center order my badge when I saw the first pictures posted here of deliveries with the badge. (Since then they became back ordered from what I understand) The local tech ended up having to make a template from another vehicle as they were not provided one. Unless they have a new installation kit with template I wouldn't want to install them myself. I'm sure if they end up shipped to your house the service center will still be happy to install them. I'm still waiting on my CF spoiler, trunk storage cover, and jump seats.

Hank42, I probed around and found the magnets in the rails in the car that the parcel shelf sits on. No magnets in the parcel shelf. There is nothing magnetic in the part of the shelf that corresponds to the site of the magnets in the rail in the car. The magnets are nice strong magnets but don't seem to be life threatening. Anyone have any insights as to their original purpose or why there is a safety warning?

Pacemakers and some other medical devices are reset or modified by use of magnets waved in the area of the device.

Sent via Tapatalk

Magnets are placed within six inches to turn the programmed behavior of pacemakers /implantable defibs to the off position, so that a patient's health can be monitored. However, when the magnet is removed, these devices are validated to revert back to the clinician-programmed state.

This wasn't always true, but those devices have long expired. So while it could impact a person with a pacemaker or defib implanted, it's unlikely. (Doubtful they'd hang out within 6" of the magnet for more than seconds.) But the warnings need to be present, as a reasonable way of informing/mitigating the risk.