Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel Shelf Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've an annoying parcel shelf rattle, anyone know if this is common?

Also whats the process to get it resolved under warranty?

Thanks

Press on the carpet above the shelf. Does it stick and then unstick from the metal below and make noise? If so, it can be fixed yourself with some effort or maybe the SC will take care of it. I did it myself with some stronger adhesive and some velcro using only the soft side for anything that rubs against anything else.

Yes thats the noise, I looked at removing the parcel shelf but looks like a pain to remove. How did you get the velcro under it?

I actually had my audio installer I've used for years help me. Used a combination of stronger adhesive, thin foam tape and soft velcro side only. That is a bit of a pain which is why I mentioned the SC might help to resolve as it's an obvious issue. I also used double sided adhesive tape to resolve some other stupid things.

Here's another one. Move both driver and passenger seats all the way forward. Now look underneath and find some vents. You can probably move those side to side and up and down with your fingers as they are just sitting there flopping around. I fixed them to the floor with this double sided tape. Fun eh?

check the boot panel at the top of the boot aperture where it joins into the underside of the rear shelf (rear of the car). A suitable thickness layer of foam sheet/tape between the plastic panel and metal may help.