Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone get their parcel shelf delivered this week yet? Are they all going to be black? Does it lift up together with the rear hatch door when the door is opened?
I posted pictures on this other thread here. They're all black. It doesn't lift when the tailgate goes up, but it can flip up via a hinge across the middle, but that's manual. open the hatch, then if you want you flip up the back half of it and have easier access to the space.

Man It seems like a minor thing, but I am really missing out on the parcel shelf and that footwell cover thing (someone told me the official name; I forgot it, obviously) and I really hope I get them soon. It will just make the car look neater when I show it to people, and also, I do worry a little bit about leaving my laptop and backpack in there, exposed.

When I called about the 4.3 update, I asked about the parcel shelf, even suggested they send a "pallet" full to each local service center, and give people a choice, we'll ship it to you, or you can pick one up at your local service center (being a TSLA stockholder, looking to save money on shipping these, which is probably more than they cost to make)

Also many of us would love an excuse to visit the service center anyway, plus we'd be saving Tesla a few bucks on shipping, and probably have it quicker. Now if they only implement it...

I am missing parcel shelf and footwell cover (and HPWC and grey cover for UMC car plug end, and original floor mats), but I told them no need to ship, and I'll take them when they come to install my Rear Jump Seats, which can't arrive soon enough!

Just got mine. So I have have two also. Does not smell bad at all, whatever that is about. The original is 3 piece and folds up nicer I think, or maybe I am just used to it. And it is more dark gray compared to the new black one that is just two piece. So I can just see it on Barrett-Jackson 75 years from now, Here is a nice early Signature Model S, the battery is shot but the value is hugely increased by not only the stock parcel shelf but also has the very rare three part shelf only seen in the first production models.

Have had mine for over a week now. Sprayed with air freshener when installing it in the car - and left the windows open overnight the first 2 nights. The smell was pretty strong the first couple of days - but is fine now.

It's great to be able to store items in the back, hidden from view, without having to use the frunk or work to get into the hidden trunk well storage (under the floor mat and the trunk well cover).

Got my parcel shelf yesterday, and I agree with three points that have been made:

- it definitely has some kind of chemical smell to it. I air out the car whenever I can, so hoping it will go away soon.
- $250 seems very steep for what we're getting.
- nice to finally have the trunk area hidden from view, as I was doing the same things as bob_p. I'll feel more comfortable having my golf clubs in the trunk now.

Two more items to go - carbon fiber rear spoiler and the P85 badge.

Got our parcel shelf today. Smell minor but not bad. Set it outside for the night. There was an interesting note with the shelf package. It warned of strong magnetic fields. I poked around with a magnet and sure enough there is a fairly strong magnet in the ledge inside the car where the parcel shelf sits. Oddly, there does not seem to be a corresponding magnet or steel area on the parcel shelf itself where it would sit on the ledge. Anyone have any ideas what's up with that?