TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

parental leave

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cobos, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

I've heard rumours that that Roadster is coming to Norway this week as well. And we get 12 months parental leave shared between the parents, it's pretty unusual for the father to get 9 months.

Cobos

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
    USATODAY.com - U.S. stands apart from other nations on maternity leave

Disclaw Publishing - Employment Law, unfair dismissal, redundancy pay
    Dads on Paternity Leave: Thanks but No Thanks.

3. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Opps a bit more than I remembered. As a couple without children I haven't spent time reading the fine print. We do have a maximum though, I beleive it's 6G (where one G is a goverment number used for pensions, taxes etc. Currently it's about 70 000NOK or about $10 000). So for calculating what you get they give you 80% or 100% depending on what length you choose but if your salary is higher than about $60000 they take 80% or 100% of $60 000 instead of your actual salary. Some companies will pay you the difference between that and your actual salary. But that is an extra benefit you get. As the salary levels in Norway are not the same for males and females, economy is one of the reasons why many men only take the "compulsory" 6 weeks. (Not to mention a salary that high usually means they've got a demanding job.)

Cobos who might have gone slightly off topic. :)