Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park * 2 for OFF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else feel weird getting out of and walking away from an S while the displays, radio, A/C, and god knows what else are still on?

Maybe its just cuz I scrimped and bought a 40/60, but as range is tied to charge I'd like to feel more confident that power use was being minimized.

+ for "Press Park twice to power down."

Or maybe I just missed that somewhere?

Anybody else feel weird getting out of and walking away from an S while the displays, radio, A/C, and god knows what else are still on?

Maybe its just cuz I scrimped and bought a 40/60, but as range is tied to charge I'd like to feel more confident that power use was being minimized.

+ for "Press Park twice to power down."

Or maybe I just missed that somewhere?

There will be a sleep mode coming back at some point that will cut the loses to 15% of what they are now. The AC doesn't continue to run when you leave the car and it is locked. The displays shut down but the main power draw is from all of the other processors going that aren't shut down with the current software.

Mine turns everything off when I shut the door. The screens don't go dark until it locks, but the radio pauses and such when I step out of the car and shut the door. It kicks back on if I open it. I know because I'm typically shut the front door, everything goes off, I open the back door to get my backpack and everything kicks on, then it shuts off again when I shut the back door.

I supposed I've gotten used to that sort of thing ever since I've had cars that only fade the inside lights a bit after getting out, and the screen and A/C turning off after you get out is similar, so it doesn't bother me. I don't like the music continuing to play as I get out, though, so I always pause it when I put it in park.