Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park animation. So dumb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are using the new UI the car is awake

Heh. Yes. We've confounded different cases in this thread.

I use the touch screen to open the charge port only at a supercharger.

For the garage, someone mentioned the button on the Tesla plug which I don't have, and here I learned it doesn't work when the car is asleep. There, it's wake the car then tap the port or open it with the app.

My question is parking.

don’t want it’s own thread but it seems like it would fit in here. I live in a house I want to park into my driveway backwards with auto park.

so what do it do? It was easy with my Volt.

Turn on right signal and then pull up to the next car and stop right and then hit the “P” button which I feel I have to hit about 15x for some reason and then HOPEFULLY it realizes it’s a driveway and not parallel if it notices it at all.

Please tell me I’m doing something wrong.

Just out of curiosity, why not plug it in when you park the car?

I'll charge it to 90% and then drive all week until I get to the 30's and charge again. I try to let it sleep at least 5-6 hours as well. It keeps the BMS range estimates happy and high seeing all those different battery levels during the week. Sometimes things come up that I need more range sooner than planned and I might not have my phone on me when I try to plug it in.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
It's hilarious how none of you people can use a simple UI.

It's hilarious how you've posted multiple times defending a poor UI by assuming people are just too dumb to use it. On the contrary, we are smart enough to not be fed a sh!t sandwich and say "thank you".

This UI is usable but a step in the wrong direction. I think that's been well established.