Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park animation. So dumb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's hilarious how none of you people can use a simple UI.

I’d gamble most everyone here can use it. The issue is it’s unintuitive and inefficient. Making the user wait to engage functionality so that they can sit and see your fancy animation for the 100th time is just bad design.

Imagine if every time you wanted to close a tab in your browser you had to click the X, wait for it to morph into a button that said “Close” and then clicking that closed the tab. You can still use it, but I guarantee you’re going to be irritated.

I don't get why the UI even needs to be touched to open the charge port. You can touch the port door and it opens or press the button on the charge handle.

When plugging in the car at night, tapping the charge port door doesn't work since the car is asleep, so I use the app to wake it and open the port door. It would be nice if the app connected quicker, but it's not bad. It's way faster than the Leaf app.

When plugging in the car at night, tapping the charge port door doesn't work since the car is asleep, so I use the app to wake it and open the port door. It would be nice if the app connected quicker, but it's not bad. It's way faster than the Leaf app.
You can also partially press in on one of the door handles to wake it. Takes a bit of practice to get the right amount of press without opening the door. (Or just plug in when you park. ;-)

You can also partially press in on one of the door handles to wake it. Takes a bit of practice to get the right amount of press without opening the door. (Or just plug in when you park. ;-)
The door handle was the way I woke my car for 2 years before they enabled the button on the wand to wake it a few months ago.

Also, plug in when you park ;)

I want to park and tap charge.
But the animation swings the car around and I have to carefully touch the charge symbol.
Before, it used to be quick.
Now, i wait wait and touch carefully. So dumb.

Why don't you just hit the button on the charge connector? That's what I do. Opens the charge port as if by magic. I agree with you though. There are some UI issues for Tesla to work on and improve.

The button on my wand does not wake the vehicle no matter how long your press it. It opens the charge port only if the vehicle is not asleep.
I'm talking about in the morning after it's been plugged in all night. It used to be you had to wake the car (in my case by slightly pressing in the back door handle) before the button would work to disengage the wand.

Now, you can press and hold it for a second and it will wake the car, then disengage. (assuming you have your phone on you)

Reactions: RNHurt
I'm talking about in the morning after it's been plugged in all night. It used to be you had to wake the car (in my case by slightly pressing in the back door handle) before the button would work to disengage the wand.

Now, you can press and hold it for a second and it will wake the car, then disengage. (assuming you have your phone on you)

Got it, my bad. I was talking about the opposite scenario where car's sleeping, no phone, can't wake it up to insert charger with charger wand alone.