Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since friday (was returning from Tesla after they installed the winter tire package), I have this message which appear "Yellow triangle".

Searching the net, some people say it's the car being dirty. Well, it's not so dirty at the moment !

The message first appeared after 1 hour of driving in very heavy traffic. Was assuming the car was tired to have alerts from every side all the time ! But I have used it again the next day, and after maybe 30 minutes driving, it is back again.

Thanks for your advices

I think this is a bug. It's somehow thinking you're looking for parking and the sensor inputs are not within the scope of the parking algorithms. The bug is that the vehicle is thinking you're looking for parking, when you're clearly not (eg driving on a main road with clearly no parking). It sounds like the software goes into "Parking Mode" whenever you drive below a preset speed.

I think the software should be a little more sophisticated and "Parking Mode" should be triggered only when driving below a certain speed *and* driving past stationary vehicles *and* stationary vehicles don't have brake lights. That's still probably not good enough, since that could still describe heavy traffic. Perhaps some day, Tesla could acquire enough map information to know where parking is allowed and/or better train the AI.

Quick update on this. After changing a sensor, the problem have been fixed.

Now, 3 weeks after, the problem seem to be back.

Can someone know if it can be because the car is not clean ? It's winter, and I have a heated garage, so it's not snow or ice. The message appear all the time since a few days (just got 2.52.22 some minutes ago, will update if it change something, but I don't think so)

Quick update on this. After changing a sensor, the problem have been fixed.

Now, 3 weeks after, the problem seem to be back.

Can someone know if it can be because the car is not clean ? It's winter, and I have a heated garage, so it's not snow or ice. The message appear all the time since a few days (just got 2.52.22 some minutes ago, will update if it change something, but I don't think so)
Does the problem go away after you wash it?

Back from a quick ride using 2.52.22. Error message still present, non stop.

It's raining since 2 days, so the car is not so dirty at the moment. Definitively cleaner than a week ago when the message was not back yet.

Look like another visit will be required. Am I alone with that error message ? Anyone can confirm it's visible to them when dirty ?

Back from a quick ride using 2.52.22. Error message still present, non stop.

It's raining since 2 days, so the car is not so dirty at the moment. Definitively cleaner than a week ago when the message was not back yet.

Look like another visit will be required. Am I alone with that error message ? Anyone can confirm it's visible to them when dirty ?
It's happened to me in the last couple of days. I noticed in particular that the rear camera lens was so dirty I couldn't see a thing with the rear camera.

All fixed by the touchless car wash.

Hate to resurrect this pretty dead thread, but I have a demo brand new X for 24 hours and all the way home in traffic, Park Assist was screaming 'to close' and 'stop'. I assume this is a bug or the feature is totally broken, from what I read above.

Car started with 12 miles, but I doubt ultrasonic sensing of a car in front is really a learning experience, no?

Hate to resurrect this pretty dead thread, but I have a demo brand new X for 24 hours and all the way home in traffic, Park Assist was screaming 'to close' and 'stop'. I assume this is a bug or the feature is totally broken, from what I read above.

Car started with 12 miles, but I doubt ultrasonic sensing of a car in front is really a learning experience, no?
And to add/correct my own post, the ultrasonic sensors that show you what's nearby are also called Parking Assist, right? It seems the new 'show a P and auto park you' function is called Parking Assist and even has a switch in Driving Assistance.

With my AP1 car, I sometimes had the autopark "P" offer while in traffic, but no warning messages. Perpendicular & parallel auto-parking worked well.

My AP2 car is not having autopark "P" offer while in traffic. Parallel auto-parking working well, but perpendicular is not enabled yet in my software.

|v8.1(17.11.10)| AP2 |

And to add/correct my own post, the ultrasonic sensors that show you what's nearby are also called Parking Assist, right? It seems the new 'show a P and auto park you' function is called Parking Assist and even has a switch in Driving Assistance.
So it turns out all the 'alerts' that I was getting in slow traffic from the ultrasonic sensors was either because the car was calibrating or because all Driver Assist functions were turned off. Once I got home and turned on everything (TACC, Autosteer, etc.), I never saw those alerts in close traffic again and all EAP functions started working immediately. I never did see a real Parking Aasist (P pop up)) but I never had two cars with space between them either, etc.

The original case was the ultrasonics sensing too close to the next car and trying to get me to stop. But it wasn't a parking scenario. Still not exactly explained. If I had more time with the car, I'd disable EAP again and see what happened!

From my side, I have nothing disabled in my setting. My issue (still not yet fixed since I haven't visitez Tesla yet), is a constant yellow message in my screen indicating "Park Assist Disabled". Nothing else than this persistent yellow message.

BTW, sorry for the late answer, I am not around recently

From my side, I have nothing disabled in my setting. My issue (still not yet fixed since I haven't visitez Tesla yet), is a constant yellow message in my screen indicating "Park Assist Disabled". Nothing else than this persistent yellow message.

BTW, sorry for the late answer, I am not around recently
Do you have the hitch installed with a bike rack or something similar? If so, I think that will disable parking assist. Quite annoying actually. I don't need to be reminded every time my speed slows down that parking assist is disabled (when I have my bike rack).

Hm, I would have assumed (lol) that it just wouldn't offer to help park. Not complain that it's disabled because it has the rack hanging off the rear, which you can plainly see because the rear camera is on!
I wish it wouldn't offer to park because it's quite annoying. In a 15 mile trip, it went off 4 times. However, the I doubt that Tesla does any AI analysis on the rear-camera feed. Even in AP2.0, it doesn't use the rear camera yet.

I wish it wouldn't offer to park because it's quite annoying. In a 15 mile trip, it went off 4 times. However, the I doubt that Tesla does any AI analysis on the rear-camera feed. Even in AP2.0, it doesn't use the rear camera yet.
Well, no, I meant that *you* can see it (the rack/trailer) if you ever actually started to park, since the camera would appear on the MCU. Having it 'remind' you Parking Assist (auto-park) is disabled is just annoying.