TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Park Assist Disppeared

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Super Gizmo, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Super Gizmo

Super Gizmo Member

The Park Assist feature has virtually disappeared from my 3 in the last few months. When I first got the car it used to offer to park everywhere even on the freeway but then it totally disappeared. I am on 2018.21.9. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. 1051

1051 Member

Yes, i am also on 2018.21.9

3. Super Gizmo

Super Gizmo Member

Are you experiencing the same issue?

4. barjohn

barjohn Member

I am. I never see it when there is a parking space that should be obvious whether perpendicular or parallel. The P never appears. However, I have seen it appear when there is no parking space and then it is fleeting. So far, this feature has been unusable. The other thing is when parallel parking it will occasionally show a set of green brakes outlining the parking spot but that too is fleeting and rather than stay visible will disappear before you an use it. I have no idea what triggers it or how to get it back.

5. fr100

fr100 Member

I have not seen it either in the last few firmwares.

6. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Member

My only experience with this function is a Model 3 I rented last week. I found the P wouldn't always appear, but if in a "proper spot" putting the car in reverse gave me the Auto Park function.

7. barjohn

barjohn Member

Problem is you need to have it appear first to know whether to use it. Otherwise you just park it yourself.

8. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Member

It is intermittent on my S also. It used to be more consistent. I rarely used it, perhaps it got offended.....

9. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Member

I believe the consensus on park assist is, it's neat, but a bit too slow to be useful (well, maybe good for parallel parking for people terrible at that). Guessing it's because the car needs to rely on the ultrasonic sensors to determine where the parked cars are, which due to limited range, results in starting the parking job too close to the cars. Hence the slow 3 point turns.

I'm hoping when more EAP functions are activated, the side cameras may be used to determine distance from further out. Even monocularly, distance can be determined by triangulation via parallax as the car moves forward.