Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable, disconnected front bumper cables.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, my Model 3 delivery was pushed back for about a week due to a paint issue on the front bumper. Paid a visit to Precision while the car was there and learnt that they will take off the bumper for a repaint.

Got the car 2 days ago and discovered yesterday that all front ultrasonic sensors are not working. Screen shows Park Assist Unavailable as soon as switched gear into D/R.

So I suspected that maybe Precision forgot to connect the cables for the sensors. Tried scheduling a service appointment with Tesla and the earliest date was early Feb.

After waiting for 1 day, I just can't sit around longer. So I resorted to YouTube. Turns out, it was pretty easy to check the connection. The plug is located in front of RF wheel and only 3 plastic bolts need to be removed to access it. Guess what, the plug was just dangling around. Plugged it back in, rebooted the screen, poof, the error is gone.

If you ever need to check the connection or remove your bumper, check out this video. Removing the bolts is at 1:15. Cable connection is visible at 8:42.

Thanks for the info good to know it's a easy fix

The long wait is the down side of doing everything though the app
Calling or visiting the Auckland store or Precision would have gotten things resolved
quicker than via the app. But I guess that would have been at more inconvenience to you
The Tesla 0800 number used to be on the website when you logged into your account
I think that's removed now.

From memory if you call roadside assist there is option to contact local service centre

Glad you got it resolved!

While in America back in August I spoke with some Tesla owners on how their cars were preforming as time moved on and not one owner said there cars had major problems. Some of the positive feed back was how easy Tesla vehicles are to work on by yourself replacing the odd part once out of warranty. There is and there will be more videos on repairing Tesla's. I wonder if Tesla Auckland has set up a deal with a tire shop for tyre rotation as Tesla recommends around every 15k-20k.

Last edited: