Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I need your help guys..

I was driving today and I got a message that said Park assist unavailable, now every time I'm at the red light it starts to beep

This is really upsetting I only had my Model Y for 3 weeks :rolleyes:

please advice what to do

Thank you

My 2022 Model S has the same problem. It's been happening for a couple of months. I took it in a few weeks ago, they replaced an ultrasonic sensor and declared it fixed. On my way home, the same thing happened again, so I turned around and went back. They kept it overnight, declared it fixed again, and on my way home the problem appeared again. I took it right back, and they kept it for four days, and finally told me that there's a fleet-wide problem with some cars that needs to be addressed with a firmware fix that's under development. The same problem prevents auto-steer on autopilot from working, as well as full self-driving beta.

I talked to the service center again yesterday, and they said that there are many many complaints about the same issue now. They also told me that the regional manager has a Model S with the same problem, and he can't get it fixed either yet. No estimate on when the update will be available. So... Waiting for the update...

People have been getting the same story (a fix is in the works) for a year now. I wonder if they're just lying to us.

My 2022 Model S has the same problem. It's been happening for a couple of months. I took it in a few weeks ago, they replaced an ultrasonic sensor and declared it fixed. On my way home, the same thing happened again, so I turned around and went back. They kept it overnight, declared it fixed again, and on my way home the problem appeared again. I took it right back, and they kept it for four days, and finally told me that there's a fleet-wide problem with some cars that needs to be addressed with a firmware fix that's under development. The same problem prevents auto-steer on autopilot from working, as well as full self-driving beta.

I talked to the service center again yesterday, and they said that there are many many complaints about the same issue now. They also told me that the regional manager has a Model S with the same problem, and he can't get it fixed either yet. No estimate on when the update will be available. So... Waiting for the update...
There was no firmware update in the works for this problem. I escalated it to the regional manager and he got me into a service center that actually knew what they were doing. They kept it for 6 days, and replaced a wiring harness near the front of the car. It works like a charm now. So if you get the answer for any problem that they're working on a firmware update, be suspicious.

Had the same problem, Tesla fixed it (after 4 svc visits). Solution as follows: They put a monitor on the parking sensor wiring and noticed it was picking up a signal whenever the air conditioner compressor turned on. They wrapped the wiring to shield it until it no longer picked up that signal and voila! I've had the car back for two months with no failure. Anyone that's frustrated with this please show them this post. It was fixed at Tesla in Temp AZ and svc call was closed May 19, 2022 last 6 digits of my vin 473251. 2022 Model S. Hopefully, this helps.

Yes - the exact same problem with my 2021 MS LR. It's encouraging to know that it's a fleet-wide problem because that means it'll get some attention at some point.
Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 10.04.55 AM.png

On another thread, two owners reported that after several trips to the service center, the problem was finally diagnosed to be a faulty wiring harness in the front of the car. One harness had to be replaced while the other one was wrapped to shield it from unnecessary signals which trigger the error. It seems to me that calling this problem a "firmware issue" that will be resolved at a later date is the path of least resistance. I've messaged the Service Center again and am waiting for a response.

Yes - the exact same problem with my 2021 MS LR. It's encouraging to know that it's a fleet-wide problem because that means it'll get some attention at some point.View attachment 834254

Your problem may be different from mine, but it sounds very similar. I finally escalated the problem to the regional manager in my area. He got me into a different service center that actually knew what they were doing. They kept the car for 6 days and finally fixed it by replacing a wiring harness. It's been working perfectly since then. I think "future firmware update" is what service centers tell people when they don't know how to fix a problem. Here's the report from the service center that was actually able to fix it.

Concern: Customer states: Autopilot or Cruise Control Performance - 1) at low speeds, the Park Assist Unavailable message appears; 2) when I am using navigate on autopilot, automatic lane change is not available; 3) I recently was admitted to the full self-driving beta program, but it is unusable because of these problems.

Technician was able to verify concern on inspection. Test drove vehicle using Full Self Driving. On test drive, park assist alerts and navigate on autopilot alerts appeared. Technician pulled logs and found that sensor S1 was losing communication. Sensor S1 was previously replaced at another service center. Inspected the wring between the S1 sensor and the VCRight and no issues were physically found or with continuity. After multiple days of test drive, the faults returned. Swapped the S1 sensor spot. Replaced the front fascia harness and performed an overlay for the LIN circuit between the VCRight and the front fascia harness connector. Test drove vehicle and verified proper operation.

Reactions: sfRonH
Your problem may be different from mine, but it sounds very similar. I finally escalated the problem to the regional manager in my area. He got me into a different service center that actually knew what they were doing. They kept the car for 6 days and finally fixed it by replacing a wiring harness. It's been working perfectly since then. I think "future firmware update" is what service centers tell people when they don't know how to fix a problem. Here's the report from the service center that was actually able to fix it.
Thank you.

I’ve actually gone from bad to worse now that I’ve come back from the service center. From intermittently occurring to constantly on now. I get both “Park Assist Unavailable” and “Sensor Obstructed” error messages constantly. The fact that they’re constantly flashing in my line of sight is annoying and a distraction. I’ve requested another service appointment and will be armed with all the feedback from you gentlemen. In the meantime, is there a way to turn off the damn messages?