Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable when using PPF on Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this specific issue has been discussed. My car will be going in soon for full PPF and my detailer pinged me yesterday stating that PPF on the front sensors messes with the park assist. He stated he has only seen it on the Plaids - vinyl is ok but not the thicker PPF. Since this is MSM going stealth, he gave me a few options:

1. Leave them uncovered.
2. Cover with a gray vinyl that closely matches the stealth ppf.

He is an incredibly talented detailer so I'm curious if others have experience this issue. I know there were some FW related issues to Park Assist but I believe this is unrelated.

Not sure if this specific issue has been discussed. My car will be going in soon for full PPF and my detailer pinged me yesterday stating that PPF on the front sensors messes with the park assist. He stated he has only seen it on the Plaids - vinyl is ok but not the thicker PPF. Since this is MSM going stealth, he gave me a few options:

1. Leave them uncovered.
2. Cover with a gray vinyl that closely matches the stealth ppf.

He is an incredibly talented detailer so I'm curious if others have experience this issue. I know there were some FW related issues to Park Assist but I believe this is unrelated.
MODS - please remove. I moved this to the proepr Model S Interior / Exterior section. Thanks!