Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 2021.4.18 last night and now I’m getting “Park Assist Unavailable” whenever I’m stopped or going slow. No sensors are working around the car. Cameras are fine. Anyone else have this after 4.18 update?
C9A88DDD-D755-42BD-858D-E56E8927C6BE.jpeg

I’ll have to try the Power Down tomorrow when I go Out. But I have the same version from this past week and that’s when things started acting weird. Also, don’t forget, when the park assist like in this case happens, you won’t be able to do auto steer in auto pilot either or use Navigate on Autopilot.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Mine is still not working after several reboots and Power downs and sleep and all.

I have scheduled a service appointment for this coming Thursday so I hope they will fix the issue and find the root cause of it. I will post the outcome of the service appointment on the fix on Thursday.
Same issue, 2018 LR RWD, i have tried soft reboot, hard reboot (disconnect battery and disengage the contactor connector under rear seat). Problem persists. I have mobile service coming on Friday. Will be interested to hear your outcome! Hardest part has been trying to convince SC that this started right after the update. I am out of warranty, they Initially had a $400ish quote. It will be interesting to see how Tesla responds to work they have to do on out of warranty cars that have issues caused by software (even just the diagnosis time). I know how I feel it should be handled…

Reactions: SunCharged
See the second paragraph.
When this started happening immediately after updating to 2021.4.18, my first thought was it had to do with Tesla Vision. But after a long drive and no change I started searching and see this issue has been going on for years.

Besides, this is the ultrasonic sensors and they are not going away yet as far as I can tell. This is a software issue. Something to do with the boot up of the controller firmware it seems.

Reactions: adayley