Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I set up a mobile services appointment and got this message. I guess we wait

F5D9E772-115B-4772-A4BF-7A378BCA06DB.jpeg

Just an update here on the issue. My appointment was rescheduled to today and they are still working on it. I hope to know more tomorrow. Just FYI it’s not autopark but park assist which is not working meaning the parking sensors detecting object in the vicinity of the car. It’s a minor issue but a helpful feature and some objects are closer than they appear 😉.

Reactions: SunCharged
Glad to hear that at least Tesla knows. People here were simply reporting their experiences and getting thumbs down just for their personal anecdotes with the current situation lol. But now it seems even Tesla is aware that there legitimately is a firmware conflict for the owners who have reported the issue to them and booked service appointments. Hopefully the fix comes soon to help those of us with this error.

Reactions: SunCharged
Glad to hear that at least Tesla knows. People here were simply reporting their experiences and getting thumbs down just for their personal anecdotes with the current situation lol. But now it seems even Tesla is aware that there legitimately is a firmware conflict for the owners who have reported the issue to them and booked service appointments. Hopefully the fix comes soon to help those of us with this error.
Yes, it’s been one week now for me with no park assist, NOA….. bad enough to delay FSD beyond what was originally promised. Don’t keep us waiting for what we had!

Reactions: UltralightBeam
I picked up my car this morning. It was already fixed yesterday but could not pick it up due to work. The problem is solved and the park sensors work again!! 👍They have replaced the control unit for the parking sensors and reprogrammed it and that solved the issue for my car.

I see a lot of comments on the forums on having to wait for the next firmware release to fix the issue but my dealer fixed it by replacing the hardware and reprogram that control unit. I hope this will help you in talking to your dealers there is a fix which seems to be a hardware fix in my situation rather than a software one.

With a future software update I hope this problem will not happen again. Fingers crossed 🤞

I am having the same problem with my 2018 LR RWD M3 since the 4.18 update.
The 4.18.2 update has not fixed the park assist unavailable issue on my car. Has anyone with this problem found this fixed with this update?
The 2021.4.18.2 update did not fix the issue with park assist and the ultrasonic sensors on my car either. Going on week 2 now.

I wonder why there aren't more M3s with this problem, if this is a firmware issue, rather than hardware? It seems from the few who have reported the problem, here, it seems to more often affect the earlier M3s. My 2018 M3 has FSD with updated 3.0 computer chip. However, with these sensors not workimg correctly, I don't have even Navigate on Autopilot or auto lane changing. If the next firmware update doesn't fix this, I am going to ask they change the controller unit.

Reactions: jtpassat
I scheduled a service request and they said they did remote diagnostic and there is a low voltage controller of some sort that needs to be replaced, not under warranty. $604 total, my appointment is Monday. I guess we will see what happens
Please update us what happens. It’s interesting that Tesla seems to be taking multiple approaches to this depending on who you talk to.
I’m wondering if anyone has 2021.4.18.3 and had this issue resolved?

Please update us what happens. It’s interesting that Tesla seems to be taking multiple approaches to this depending on who you talk to.
I’m wondering if anyone has 2021.4.18.3 and had this issue resolved?
I have 2021.4.18.3 and the issue. Not resolved. I had it in for service (this and an unrelated issue) and they said it's a firmware issue and would be fixed in an unspecified "future update."

'18 LR RWD with FSD.