Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was your car under warranty? my car is out of warranty and i hope Tesla honor the fix not only for car under warranty but also for the one without since the software upgrade broke what was working...
Yes under warranty. I’m the original owner. If they don’t cover it, I would fight it. It’s not right if they don’t since it was working prior to the firmware upgrade and then broken immediately after.

Reactions: SunCharged
Just picked up my M3 LR AWD on June 10. Installed 2021.4.18.2 that night. I get no indication (P on display) to select autopark when I pull up past an empty parallel space. Since I have never done an autopark, I’m wondering if something is broken or I’m not doing something correctly to get it to autopark…?

Reactions: ChunkyJ
Just picked up my M3 LR AWD on June 10. Installed 2021.4.18.2 that night. I get no indication (P on display) to select autopark when I pull up past an empty parallel space. Since I have never done an autopark, I’m wondering if something is broken or I’m not doing something correctly to get it to autopark…?
I also picked up new M3 LR AWD first week of June and it is missing despite having paid for FSD. I think it may have to do with getting rid of radar and waiting for software upgrade for Tesla vision for it to work again?

Auto park is basically useless at this point. Between that and summon, it’s amazing how they seem to not have improved even an iota in my 2 1/2 years of ownership.
Well, this problem extends to more than parking unfortunately. it means NAP doesn’t work, the chimes you get when pulling Into a tight spot or garage don’t work, warnings for cars that are too close when driving on multi-lane roads. The error just happens to be for Park Assist. Also, think about what you said, the Park Assist feature is as good or better than any manufacturer out there IMO and the point that it hasn’t been updated in 2.5 years is simply something that most other manufacturers don’t do. Ever. We are #TeslaSpoiled 😁

Just spoke with a manager at the SC, she said they can't base goodwill off of posts from the forum. But she did say that if I could get VINs from others that had the work done on a goodwill, not under warranty that she would be able to look it up and possibly get me a refund.

So, is there anyone that would be willing to share that info with me on a PM? The info will be kept confidential, and she stated that she would not share any private info.

Hopefully be able to get my money back from them.
DM sent, let me know if you received it.

Not an engineer but this happens to other hardware where if right conditions are met, the hardware being upgraded ends up getting bricked. I would hope Tesla is working out what is the root cause of why it’s happening but only to a subset of cars.
Tesla are going to have to spend in one of two areas as they scale and cars remain in the market longer. They will need to build a larger QA team to test more configurations, or resign to the fact that they will have a % of service requests they will have to absorb. This cannot fall into the warranty/no warranty area when something gets bricked from an update.

Mine is doing it, but only the front sensors seem to be affected. The rear sensors work fine. I just took delivery of the car on the 12th and this started on the 14th. When I took delivery, the car was at 2021.4.18.2 and has received no updates since I took delivery. As it's brand new, I'm sure the modules and sensors are the most up to date versions.
Well, after some testing, it appears all of my sensors work...as long as I'm in reverse. In drive, none of them work but they work as they are supposed to in reverse. Also, when I'm in reverse, the "Park Assist Unavailable" text disappears but the warning triangle remains. I'm thinking this is a software issue more than a sensor failure.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Well, after some testing, it appears all of my sensors work...as long as I'm in reverse. In drive, none of them work but they work as they are supposed to in reverse. Also, when I'm in reverse, the "Park Assist Unavailable" text disappears but the warning triangle remains. I'm thinking this is a software issue more than a sensor failure.
I have the exact same situation. Deciding if I should schedule service or just wait for update and keep fingers crossed.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
I have the exact same situation. Deciding if I should schedule service or just wait for update and keep fingers crossed.
I'm still going ahead with my service, as there are a few other issues that have popped up, but they already had to reschedule as the harness assembly wasn't going to get there in time for my original appointment. If it truly is a software issue, they probably won't need it.

What year and trim is yours?

Last edited:
My car is currently in for service, again, and I mentioned the body control unit fix. We’ll see what happens. They did say the car would be done in 2 hours and now it’s over 4 hours. Glad I didn’t wait like they wanted me to.
By the way, Uber credits suck when you have kids to drop off and pick up. They really need to get their loaner situation figured out.

I'm still going ahead with my service, as there are a few other issues that have popped up, but they already had to reschedule as the harness assembly wasn't going to get there in time for my original appointment. If it truly is a software issue, they probably won't need it.

What year and trim is yours?
2021 Model 3
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
All Black Premium Interior
Red Multi-Coat
18’’ Aero Wheels
Basic Autopilot

Just scheduled.

Updated to 2021.4.18 last night and now I’m getting “Park Assist Unavailable” whenever I’m stopped or going slow. No sensors are working around the car. Cameras are fine. Anyone else have this after 4.18 update?View attachment 664512
I too encountered this problem on my 2018 RWD Model 3 immediately after applying the 2021.4.18 Firmware update. I had 2 mobile service techs come out. The first tried the 12v reset process, the 2nd recalibrated the radar. Neither of these attempts resolved the problem. I scheduled another appointment and linked this thread pointing out that there appears to be a bug in the firmware that may be affecting the RH 12v Control Module (Part #: 1100340-90-G). The 3rd service appointment resolved the issue. The invoice says "Found Firmware issue present with last firmware roll out. Ref-Lashed park assist module and re-ran firmware. Verified proper operation of park assist after firmware install"

My Model 3 is out of warranty (52k miles) and they did not charge me for the work performed. Work was performed at the Owings Mills MD Service Center.