Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scheduled service and received this. Maybe they do have a fix. Looks like hardware?

Parts Ordered for Your Service Visit​

Hello Walter,

Parts have been ordered for servicing your car and we will continue to send you status updates twice a week until your appointment is completed. Please refer to the list below to see which parts have been received or are still on order.

Parts Ordered

1. ASY,HARN,RR FASCIA
    Part #: 1067959-00-E
    Order Date: July 7, 2021

2nd appointment for this last week. At the first a few weeks ago, they said it'd be fixed via a software update. After 3 updates with no fix and citing others who had a hardware fix in this thread, at this appointment they reported:
Confirmed customer concern. During diagnosis found internal fault in passenger side body controller
module. Replaced body controller and tested. Verified customer concern no longer present.
Correction: Module - Body Controller - RH (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
ASY, LOW VOLTAGE
CONTROLLER,
RIGHT(1100340-32-I)

It's really nice to have everything working again!

2nd appointment for this last week. At the first a few weeks ago, they said it'd be fixed via a software update. After 3 updates with no fix and citing others who had a hardware fix in this thread, at this appointment they reported:

It's really nice to have everything working again!
Thanks for sharing the update. I’m supposed to have this done next week as well. Glad to hear it might finally fix my car!

Reactions: Queeg500
Got mine back today. Park assist appears to be working as intended. They also fixed a sticky charge port door, the front passenger door not closing properly and the steering wheel making a crackling sound when adjusted. They kept it overnight and gave me an early 2015 Model S P85D as a loaner. Unfortunately, they put it in speed limit mode so I couldn't try insane mode, and the thing was so old it only had 3G connectivity. The horror...

Got my car back today it ended up to be the firmware reflash to get it going again. Everything seems to be working again including NAP.
Here’s the note on the invoice.

Concern: Customer states that they are getting a Park Assist (alert is currently present)
Technician verified customer's concern is due to a known firmware bug which requires a manual reflash of the PARK ECU. Technicians reflashed the PARK ECU and performed a full firmware update and verified proper operation after repairs were completed.
Correction: General Diagnosis Correction: Firmware Update

Reactions: SunCharged
Got my car back today it ended up to be the firmware reflash to get it going again. Everything seems to be working again including NAP.
Here’s the note on the invoice.

Concern: Customer states that they are getting a Park Assist (alert is currently present)
Technician verified customer's concern is due to a known firmware bug which requires a manual reflash of the PARK ECU. Technicians reflashed the PARK ECU and performed a full firmware update and verified proper operation after repairs were completed.
Correction: General Diagnosis Correction: Firmware Update
Thanks - I have an appointment tomorrow for the same issue and I just shared this information with my SC to help them diagnose.

Just got my car back and no part replacement required. They did the re-flash procedure and firmware update as others have noted and it's now working correctly. Here are the technician notes from the invoice:

Concern: Customer States: After receiving software update, I’m receiving the park assist unavailable message. Verified customers concern. Found park assist warning active after firmware update. Referenced internal documentation. Connected to vehicle CAN network and re-flashed Park controller inside VC right. Ran firmware. Test drove vehicle. Vehicle is now operating as expected.

I scheduled service and received this. Maybe they do have a fix. Looks like hardware?

Parts Ordered for Your Service Visit​

Hello Walter,

Parts have been ordered for servicing your car and we will continue to send you status updates twice a week until your appointment is completed. Please refer to the list below to see which parts have been received or are still on order.

Parts Ordered

1. ASY,HARN,RR FASCIA
    Part #: 1067959-00-E
    Order Date: July 7, 2021
Just wanted to share my AC stopped working yesterday. The app throws an error if I try to turn on climate and the console displays system fault when trying to turn on AC. Not sure if all related but I updated service request with new info - waiting for a response so.
C81FC6AE-E92C-4CAA-9881-D1E6694479E0.png
AD082432-FDB0-4E30-87AF-F492DB548D0F.jpeg

Model X 2021 on 2021.4.18.2, Netherlands. Same problem. Intermittent notification, even on the freeway. Reboot makes no difference. Will make service appointment and see what happens.
UPDATE: Tesla diagnosed faulty microSD card. Replaced. Problem went away for a few weeks then returned last weekend. Back to service today - they could not find any fault or reproduce the error. They said it is likely a software issue. They added and that there have been reports of the same in the US and Tesla working on a fix but with no timeline available.

I just had mobile service yesterday replace the passenger side controller and then reflash my firmware. It's interesting that some people have reported that reflashing the controller was all that needed to be done. If that is the case, all the work replacing the controller might not have been necessary. From start to finish, they spent nearly 2 hors getting the replacement done. Fortunately, my 2018 RWD M3 was under warranty.

As an aside, I asked if they could fix my driver's seat that loudly squeaked as it elevated. No, they said, but they are ordering me a new seat. Concerned that new seats no longer have adjustable lumbar support, I wasn't sure I wanted a replacement. However, they assured me they could transfer the lumbar support from the old seat into the new one.

Reactions: SunCharged
I just had mobile service yesterday replace the passenger side controller and then reflash my firmware. It's interesting that some people have reported that reflashing the controller was all that needed to be done. If that is the case, all the work replacing the controller might not have been necessary. From start to finish, they spent nearly 2 hors getting the replacement done. Fortunately, my 2018 RWD M3 was under warranty.

As an aside, I asked if they could fix my driver's seat that loudly squeaked as it elevated. No, they said, but they are ordering me a new seat. Concerned that new seats no longer have adjustable lumbar support, I wasn't sure I wanted a replacement. However, they assured me they could transfer the lumbar support from the old seat into the new one.
My 5 week old M3LR has lumbar adjustable seats.

2020 Model X this just appeared on a long trip to California. The message pops up while driving on the highway.

PS it's very annoying that these things appear under certain car models (not mine!) on TMC. How to find anything???
Usually the "park assist not available" message appears only when you slowing down below 5 mph. I am surprised it appears when you are at highway speeds. Perhaps, on your newer car, there is a different underlying cause than what has been reported here in this thread.

Hi there!

Got the same problem with my 2018 TM3 LR AWD: Parking Assist Unavailable. There is no "parking waves" in front and behind the car on the display while driving. Also zero parking sensors are vibing when i`m physically touching them. Car's FW is 2021.4.18.2.

I don't have an ability to visit SC, car has been used at officially unsupported territory. Maybe someone knows how to reflash PARK ECU or where to search for the exact information? I`ve got a cable to connect directly with car's gateway and toolbox service account access.

Thanks a lot!

Well, this problem extends to more than parking unfortunately. it means NAP doesn’t work, the chimes you get when pulling Into a tight spot or garage don’t work, warnings for cars that are too close when driving on multi-lane roads. The error just happens to be for Park Assist. Also, think about what you said, the Park Assist feature is as good or better than any manufacturer out there IMO and the point that it hasn’t been updated in 2.5 years is simply something that most other manufacturers don’t do. Ever. We are #TeslaSpoiled 😁
Ahh. This is what I was looking for. Same issues that I’ve been having over the last month + where it was one of the June software updates that knocked everything out of whack. They said that the firmware update upcoming should resolve it. Got one last week and it was just for a new game. It was the latest that’s available. So I guess will have to see if my local service center can pin this one down.

Do you know if there’s a specific TSB or something on this?

I've had the "Parking Assist Unavailable" pop up over the past few months on my 2020 model X. Took it to the service center and they kept the car for 3 days and said they weren't able to replicate.

I'm curious if anyone has a Metromile that plugs into their OBD port? I noticed this it happens more when it is on there, and for a few trips after it's taken off. I also cleaned the front and rear bumper sensors and noticed the alerts have been less frequent over the past few days.

Last edited: