Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2021.24.3 on my 2020 MX LR yesterday and have taken it on 4 separate drives. So far, the issues with homelink, autofolding mirrors and the park assist unavailable errors haven't reappeared. It was happening frequently enough that I would have expected to see it by now if it's still a problem. Knock on wood that this update fixed it.

Glad to hear that solved it. Waiting for 2021.24.3 to be available as I have identical issues.

Glad to hear that solved it. Waiting for 2021.24.3 to be available as I have identical issues.
I took it on a road trip over the weekend to Yosemite, and I did see the park assist error again while driving on the freeway. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not resolved. I also got a notification to download 2021.24.4 which I installed last night. Will see how it goes, but if I see the error again, I'm going to make an appointment with the service center.

I took it on a road trip over the weekend to Yosemite, and I did see the park assist error again while driving on the freeway. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not resolved. I also got a notification to download 2021.24.4 which I installed last night. Will see how it goes, but if I see the error again, I'm going to make an appointment with the service center.
Did the update fix it?

The first time I submitted it in June to the service center they said they couldn't reproduce it -- but since they it goes off every 10 minutes. Still waiting for the latest update to be available for me.

Have an appointment scheduled for Sept for a handful of items that have been brought up here (Homelink, Parking Assist Unavailable, mirrors not lowering when reversing). Very unhappy with my X at this point.

Getting this on the freeway!!! Whether autopilot is active or not. BEEBEEBEEBEE!!!!! (oh *sugar*!) [Park Assist Unavailable] ... WTF? Irritating. I hoped the latest s/w update to 2021.24.4 might correct it. Nope. I also have it randomly not lowering the mirrors going into reverse. I see I'm not alone for the latter two.

2020 MX/LR+ 10K miles

UPDATE: Tesla diagnosed faulty microSD card. Replaced. Problem went away for a few weeks then returned last weekend. Back to service today - they could not find any fault or reproduce the error. They said it is likely a software issue. They added and that there have been reports of the same in the US and Tesla working on a fix but with no timeline available.
Update. Last weekend, I took a long drive from Netherlands to U.K. with a ferry crossing. On the 100km drive to the ferry, park assist unavailable appeared but stayed on. Up to that point, the message appeared and quickly disappeared. Then, just as I was about to drive through passport control to get onto the ferry, both screens went black and the car appeared dead. After mild panic (and embarrassment) I tried putting the car into drive and it worked. As I drove onto the ferry, both screens came back up. The car computer had evidently crashed and did a deep reboot as it took several minutes for the screens to reappear - much longer than the standard two button push reboot. Then, for two days in the U.K. and about 300 miles of driving, I had no park assist errors. I thought the self reboot had fixed the issue. But, when I got home to NL, the issue reappeared and I am back to intermittent park assist unavailable errors.

Just installing 2021.24.4. Will update again if this makes any difference. Otherwise, I will send screenshots from this forum to show the history with reflashing / controller replacements to my service centre here in the Netherlands.

Random thought - in the U.K. they drive on the left - I wonder if that somehow stopped the error messages?

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
My two-button reboot took "forever" after 2021.24.4. I was able to drive home with black screens. When I got out of the car and closed the door, voila! the big screen lit up. A bit later the driver's display lit up. I was getting ready to call the service center. Oh and I did it to see if I could get rid of that Park Assist Unavailable. This is actually shameful software reliability and consistency for a $120,000 car (I have the 2020 MX LR+ and yeah I know this is the M3 Forum but this was by far the most thorough conversation on this issue).

Update. Last weekend, I took a long drive from Netherlands to U.K. with a ferry crossing. On the 100km drive to the ferry, park assist unavailable appeared but stayed on. Up to that point, the message appeared and quickly disappeared. Then, just as I was about to drive through passport control to get onto the ferry, both screens went black and the car appeared dead. After mild panic (and embarrassment) I tried putting the car into drive and it worked. As I drove onto the ferry, both screens came back up. The car computer had evidently crashed and did a deep reboot as it took several minutes for the screens to reappear - much longer than the standard two button push reboot. Then, for two days in the U.K. and about 300 miles of driving, I had no park assist errors. I thought the self reboot had fixed the issue. But, when I got home to NL, the issue reappeared and I am back to intermittent park assist unavailable errors.

Just installing 2021.24.4. Will update again if this makes any difference. Otherwise, I will send screenshots from this forum to show the history with reflashing / controller replacements to my service centre here in the Netherlands.

Random thought - in the U.K. they drive on the left - I wonder if that somehow stopped the error messages?
UPDATE post 2021.24.4 install

2021.24.4 today. Rebooted with two button press and voila! 5 mins later the dreaded beep beep “park assist unavailable”. Hey ho. Will book another service cost and request replacement of the Controller.

Quick update -- over the past weekend I had 0 instances of the Parking Assist Unavailable or Homelink issues. I did not update and I'm still on 2021.12.25.7. It was going off every 15 minutes and the Homelink issues were daily as well.

I'm not going as far as saying it's solved but just sharing my current situation. Have a service appt to check this out among other things and will circle back soon.

Technicians reflashed the PARK ECU and performed a full firmware update and verified proper operation after repairs were completed.
Found Firmware issue present with last firmware roll out. Ref-Lashed park assist module and re-ran firmware. Verified proper operation of park assist after firmware install
Found park assist warning active after firmware update. Referenced internal documentation. Connected to vehicle CAN network and re-flashed Park controller inside VC right. Ran firmware. Test drove vehicle. Vehicle is now operating as expected.

Hi everyone! Is it possible to get more information and details regarding how technicians reflashed park controller? I`ve got Toolbox v3 access for one month, bought it because i`m using my Model 3 LR AWD in non-supported territory without any official service. The only way to fix this issue is by my own hands.

I found those Actions inside Toolbox, tried them one-by-one and it doesn't help at all:
TEST-RESET_VCRIGHT
TEST-RESET_PARK
TEST-RESET_DAS
UPDATE_CAN-REDEPLOY

When I`m entering Service Mode, all and every ultrasonic sensors are off inside the Sensors page. Camera's and radar are operating properly. Resetting DAS nor via Service Mode screen inside Sensors page, neither through Toolbox, did not help.

As far as I understood, I need to reflash firmware only through the CAN bus, but I don't understand how to do it.

Maybe Toolbox is not working because UPDATE_CAN-REDEPLOY is operating with incorrect firmware located at /deploy/seed_artifacts_v2/vcright and I simply need another bhx file? I could not find any log-files after operating CAN-REDEPLOY, it is extremely hard to understand if this action completes in full or not. It takes nearly 10 minutes and my car just works the same after few reboots and long installation process.

Maybe i need to connect via 100Base-T1 BroadR-Reach adapter instead of 100Base-TX? I`ve got an access to some official firmware dumps, but I think that the result of connecting through BroadR-Reach and using factory-redeploy at 192.168.90.100 will be exactly the same as doing it through Toolbox.

Please please please, show this thread to the technicians in case you`ve got a service appointment next time, really don't know what to do. I'm bet that solution is easy and takes less than 10 minutes for the proper person to explain.
Thanks a lot!

TM3 LR AWD 2018 with 2021.24.4 on board.

Took my Model Y to the dealer for "recommended one-year service" last weekend and when I picked it up (Tuesday morning, 9/7) it had this Park Assist Error from the moment I climbed in. I would have gone in and asked for help, but I picked it up off hours (in the morning before work). The warning/error hasn't gone away, either. I've rebooted multiple times... It's not just a faulty warning either (I've had a faulty "hood latch connection" warning for most of time I've owned; it shows up buy my hood isn't actually unlatched). I really don't have any parking assistance features (notifications that I'm x inches from objects in any direction as I ease into my garage or a parking spot). Not only that, but I can't do automatic lane changes either while in Full Self Driving mode. When I try I get an error message that says "Ultrasonic sensors not communicating".

Really kinda sucks... try to do the right thing and take good care of my car, I take it in to the dealer for "recommended" service, they have it all (long holiday) weekend, I drive 1 hour each way, two round trips to and from, to drop it off and pick it up... and when I get it, I lose auto-lane-changes and parking assistance. That'll teach me...

Took my Model Y to the dealer for "recommended one-year service" last weekend and when I picked it up (Tuesday morning, 9/7) it had this Park Assist Error from the moment I climbed in. I would have gone in and asked for help, but I picked it up off hours (in the morning before work). The warning/error hasn't gone away, either. I've rebooted multiple times... It's not just a faulty warning either (I've had a faulty "hood latch connection" warning for most of time I've owned; it shows up buy my hood isn't actually unlatched). I really don't have any parking assistance features (notifications that I'm x inches from objects in any direction as I ease into my garage or a parking spot). Not only that, but I can't do automatic lane changes either while in Full Self Driving mode. When I try I get an error message that says "Ultrasonic sensors not communicating".

Really kinda sucks... try to do the right thing and take good care of my car, I take it in to the dealer for "recommended" service, they have it all (long holiday) weekend, I drive 1 hour each way, two round trips to and from, to drop it off and pick it up... and when I get it, I lose auto-lane-changes and parking assistance. That'll teach me...

If your “parking assistance unavailable” is persistent then I would guess it may be a different issue.
The issue this thread is experiencing is mostly the alert going on and off while driving as a result of a software issue. It is also paired with other known issues like Homelink and mirrors not going down in reverse.
Hope that’s helpful and sorry to hear about your situation — especially after picking it up from service.

Reactions: psuKinger
I am in the same boat, I noticed park assist unavailable after changing driver profiles and it is constantly comes every times when driving, goes away after a bit, once I hit the break or trying to park it comes again, did rebooting and power off, did not do anything, I have the latest version and it did not start after the firm ware update

Any thoughts? Do I make appt with service center

Quick update -- over the past weekend I had 0 instances of the Parking Assist Unavailable or Homelink issues. I did not update and I'm still on 2021.12.25.7. It was going off every 15 minutes and the Homelink issues were daily as well.

I'm not going as far as saying it's solved but just sharing my current situation. Have a service appt to check this out among other things and will circle back soon.
Did it go away on its own or any action made it disappear

Did it go away on its own or any action made it disappear

I did absolutely nothing and it seemed to have gone away. It may happen once every few days (versus every 15 minutes before).

I actually took the car in for service this morning and this issue + Homelink multiple signals were "a known issue with firmware". Which means they aren't even going to try to diagnose it, but have customers wait for the issues to solve themselves, or fix on the next releases. Hopefully that's helpful for people still having the issue.

Reactions: ngkl
I did absolutely nothing and it seemed to have gone away. It may happen once every few days (versus every 15 minutes before).
I wish. I got on here to add my horrible experience today. AUTO PARK CHIMES ARE OFF. I pulled off the fwy, stopped turned off the car, rebooted with the two buttons. WTF that's awful. No change. It's a damn software bug, it has become worse, and the service centers can't do anything but give you a BS excuse.

I drove from Tucson to Phoenix on the I-10. Literally every few minutes I got this extremely annoying message, no matter what modes were active. Manual, cruise control, Autopilot, Navigate on Autopilot. On a 6-lane interstate at 70-80 MPH even with no other cars around. Every **ing 2-3 minutes BEEBEEBEEP and the throbbing OMYGOD yellow triangle "Park Assist Not Available". It even appeared simultaneous with "Changing lanes into a faster lane" while the lane change was underway. Holy **** am I about to hit a car??? I AM DONE WITH THIS!!!!!! I've had it for 6 months and over multiple software updates and it keeps getting WORSE!. I'm not alone. It's particularly awful when you are on AutoSteer and you think it's some dire warning. It is unsafe because it dulls your response to real dire warnings!!

REMOVE AUTO PARK PLEASE. I have never seen it work, I don't give a rats ass about it. Just make it go away.

Off topic -- but
Homelink multiple signals were "a known issue with firmware".
This one is also aggravating. It has become much worse with the last few "firmware" updates. It can now take fro 3-6 seconds for the HomeLink to send its signal. And yes it often sends multiple ones causing the door to act crazy. I hell no will ever drive under the door until it fully opens and stays open for 10 seconds (count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) OK drive into the garage. I have to carry a physical clicker now. I'm currently really unhappy with the degradation of the Tesla software (firmware?). I got another update 2021.32.20. How wonderful, for the second time my surround sound has been improved. Whoop dee doo!!!! Can a Candy Crush update be far behind?

This is the M3 forum, but I have an MX. I complained about this crazy segmentation of info. We all have so many of the same issues and questions.

Last edited: