Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had Park Assist Unavailable and Navigate on Autopark Unavailable happen all too frequently since I took delivery in late June. Rebooting occasionally helps but over the past couple of days, it's happened more and more. In addition, Park Assist has never really worked for me. I finally scheduled a mobile service appointment for early next week.

Update: just had the mobile service call. The tech replaced the front sensors. He said that diagnostics show the sensors are active but that the car reports that they are blocked or non-functional. That's what affects park assist, navigate on autopilot and dashcam availability. Next step for me is to bring the car in to the service center. Sounds ominous. I hope it's not.

I was having this same issue and it turned out to be my Metromile OBDII device. Does anyone else on here have a pulse plugged into their car?

Reactions: gadelrosario
i had this error pop up on my 2015 Model S, when at home service came he said i’d need a new front sensor because water got into it, i assume from a car wash maybe, was gonna be about $150 for a new one plus they had to send it to get painted which was gonna be some extra $, but after disconnecting the front sensors and reconnecting them at the end of his visit, the error simply went away and park assist was back up and running. he said if even one of the sensors gets fried or stops working, the error pops up. ended up cancelling the new sensor order cuz it was working good as new just after disconnecting and reconnecting it.

Reactions: gadelrosario
What's the difference between "autopark" and "park assist"?
Can't help you with the difference in the two capabilities above.
Wanted to share my issue with the "part assist unavailable" issue. I have a 2016 Model S with full autopilot capability. The car was wrapped when I bought it and it has not performed as expected. It will autopilot but will not auto lane change or recognize distances from objects; i.e. when parking in the garage. I have had the service guys out before but they see the car, accuse the wrap and say it's the problem. I have taken the car to a local wrap shop and they say that the sensors should work since they wrap Teslas all the time and it is not an issue (the car was wrapped in Arizona before I bought it).
There must be a process where they can determine which sensors are not working which is what I want them to do.
I saw in YouTube that you can hear the sensors working but a slight tick-tick sound from each one - is that real? I will try shortly to see if that seems real.
Appointment this next week so I am hoping to get some resolution soon. From what I have read, the firmware issue and fix will make a lot of people happy with their cars. Any latest news on when??
Thanks for listening..

I have a 2022 M3P

For a month, I have had
Parking Sensor(s) Maybe Obstructed and Parking Assist Unavailable pop up on the screen every day and would last the entire day.

I started keeping a daily log to see if there was a pattern when it would happen. There's wasn't. It would start sitting at a red light, or on the freeway using Autopilot, or on the
freeway not using Autopilot, or driving 15 miles an hour in the neighborhood, or, or, or. I could not see a pattern.

A week ago I had an appointment for a Tesla rep to stop by my home to take a look. But a day before that happened, Tesla canceled the appointment and wanted the car in their shop which is tomorrow.

I hope they find what it is.

I have a 2022 M3P

For a month, I have had
Parking Sensor(s) Maybe Obstructed and Parking Assist Unavailable pop up on the screen every day and would last the entire day.

I started keeping a daily log to see if there was a pattern when it would happen. There's wasn't. It would start sitting at a red light, or on the freeway using Autopilot, or on the
freeway not using Autopilot, or driving 15 miles an hour in the neighborhood, or, or, or. I could not see a pattern.

A week ago I had an appointment for a Tesla rep to stop by my home to take a look. But a day before that happened, Tesla canceled the appointment and wanted the car in their shop which is tomorrow.

I hope they find what it is.
Hi, did they fix it or not yet?