Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Park City, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
It's on the map as coming soon ("By the end of 2018"), and based on my conversations with the Tesla staff over the last week or so, many believe it will be the newer Urban style chargers, but this is all purely speculation as none are on the actual supercharger team. If it is the new urban style, then perhaps China Bridge parking garage just off Main St might actually be the location. Sadly the parking garage is currently undergoing "renovation" to make it a paid garage, so while there might be superchargers installed there at some point, getting to them most likely won't be free. Based on my conversations with people at city hall, talks with Tesla about placement of the Park City Supercharger has been going on for quite some time already. Lot's of back and forth, where the perfect spots have business owners not interested in hosting them, and the business owners who would host are in spots Tesla doesn't deem acceptable. Time will tell.

It's pretty much universally agreed that the Kimball Jct area in Park City would be a much better location, as it's just off I-80, has tons of parking, and a gazillion options for shops and restrooms, but apparently they are having a hard time getting any of the many property owners (not the businesses that lease the land) to agree on giving up the spaces for supercharging or getting a power supply for the chargers at a reasonable cost of installation.
The whole Kimball Jct area is many different property owners mashed together, so I have some hope still, but regardless something is in the works.

Any word on this charger? I'm coming up to Park City UT for the week of July 4th. Ideally I'd like to stay at a place with a charger - but they all seem to be on the expensive side of things.
No progress, been checking weekly for permits..

There are free 80amp chargers at both Silver Mountain Sports Club locations (check plugshare) and also there's 2 free CHAdeMO at the transit center in Kimball. If you're in a pinch (and don't already have one) I'll gladly loan you the CHAdeMO adaptor for while you are here.

The china bridge parking garage next to main st has 2 free J1772 32amp chargers, and parking there is free until 5pm. After 5pm you get first hour free then it's paid.

There's several other slower J1772's scattered around town as well. Remember busses here are free (and go everywhere!)

• Disagree
Reactions: Brave Ulysses
I was told by the Summit Park Sinclair owner that Tesla approached him about superchargers at his gas station/restaurant. He was very supportive of it happening. Discussion sounded preliminary.
Not ideal, but it's progress. I wish someone in Kimball Jct would get on board, that's better overall. Selfishly I'd prefer somewhere in Park City proper, but I'm not complaining, more superchargers are always good.

• Disagree
...I wish someone in Kimball Jct would get on board...
Although it looks like Tesla's not going to meet their target of opening a Park City Supercharger by the end of 2018, there are other options for people wanting to stay in Park City. We've outfitted the garage in our town home (near Kimball Jct) with a NEMA 14-50 plug and a ChargePoint 240 V / 32 A charging station. You can charge two Teslas at once! We'd love for other Tesla owners to come and stay in our place, but we've been unsuccessful in promoting it in a way that Tesla owners can find it. It's on PlugShare, but you can only see it if you go to the filter settings and switch on Restricted Access. Although we list our place on vacation rental websites, People who search have no good way of finding places with good charging because they don't offer a filter setting for that. Any advice regarding how to help Tesla owners find our place would be welcome!

Reactions: gregoryg
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but there's potential construction happening behind A Fresh Market out in Jeremy Ranch, near Park City Bread and Bagel. Facing I-80. Digging around I can't find any relevant permits though for that area. The area cordoned off with new fencing is about the size of a supercharger install, but I'm not holding my breath until I see some Tesla boxes on site.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 6.17.45 AM.png

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but there's potential construction happening behind A Fresh Market out in Jeremy Ranch, near Park City Bread and Bagel. Facing I-80. Digging around I can't find any relevant permits though for that area. The area cordoned off with new fencing is about the size of a supercharger install, but I'm not holding my breath until I see some Tesla boxes on site.

View attachment 405384
Have you looked at the Electrify America map? It could be one of those as well.

Have you looked at the Electrify America map? It could be one of those as well.
I did find one permit for roughly that area, but it's strange. All other permits are pretty specific for what it is: "Residential Electrical Expansion" or "Commercial - Furnace Replacement" etc etc. This one only says a strangely vague "Commercial - Tenant Improvement". That's it.

"Commercial - Tenant Improvement" could be almost anything, so I'm not ruling it out, but again, until I see some obvious supercharger work or Tesla boxes on site, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm still secretly hoping for a Park City proper location (even Kimball Jct).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
The Whole Foods parking lot would be a good location too, if this doesn’t pan out. Anyone know of any other existing Whole Food SC locations?
The absolute best option for all would be Kimball Jct. Right off the highway, lots of options for food or restrooms, large expansive parking lots with tons of empty "nooks" where they could place a 8-16 stall setup. Even up in the Walmart/Staples parking lot there's a ton of space for it there, although less dining options.

Problem is that whole area is a massive jigsaw puzzle of owners, so getting one on board can be hard, especially if right of way access is possibly needed to get power to the area through another owners section.

• Disagree
I drove by the location mentioned above last night and there's been some additional stuff put in there, but it really looks more related to general parking lot repairs, and not a supercharger install. There's a front loader, a huge pile of sand, and a giant tractor trailer of slurry seal so I think they are just going to repave/seal the lot.
While I was out in the area though I stopped into that new massive park and ride lot they built. There's 8 (4 double post) new J1772 Chargepoint chargers installed in the lot that aren't turned on yet, but look ready to go. I added it to plugshare.
Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 10.46.54 AM.png

Last edited:
Anyone know of good charger options in Park City, UT? planning a trip there, but seems like charging in Salt Lake City first is best option. For my drive BACK to SFO I was hoping to charge up fully in Park City before leaving, seems I’ll have to drive, charge in Salt Lake and then head west. Really sort of odd with how green and electrified Park City infrastructure seems to be.

Park City has added a boat load of public J1772 chargers in the last year. Most are 32amp@208v. Not the fastest, but they are all free.

There is a free CHAdeMO in Kimball Jct also if you want slightly faster charging (and have the adaptor). It's right on 80 also, so you can top off on the way out of town. Although to be honest, from Park City to Wendover you don't need 100%. Remember the first 15-20 miles are all downhill to the valley.

• Disagree
Park City has added a boat load of public J1772 chargers in the last year. Most are 32amp@208v. Not the fastest, but they are all free.

There is a free CHAdeMO in Kimball Jct also if you want slightly faster charging (and have the adaptor). It's right on 80 also, so you can top off on the way out of town. Although to be honest, from Park City to Wendover you don't need 100%. Remember the first 15-20 miles are all downhill to the valley.
Where are these located? Are they on ChargePoint network or separate network? Meant seem to find more than about 6 listed in the whole city wide are.