Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Park City, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't mind the great lunch and slightly high prices, The Stein Erickson Lodge has two HPWC that deliver 80 amps and these days are readily available. I'm biased as a former owner at Mont Cervin next door, but I'd rather do that than even have an urban Supercharger.

My Park City denizen friend with thirty years there clams the major issue is electricity supply and terms, closely followed by landowner issues. The city would really like it near Main Street but in season that would be horrible, out of season glorious, so I'd be amazed if it ended out there. The Whole Foods parking lot at Kimball Junction seems to have the format that might allow enough space to accommodate Superchargers without a guaranteed ICEing problem. The whole Park City issue is a seasonal issue even more than energy price IMHO.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a while since I had a business or residence in Park City.

If you don't mind the great lunch and slightly high prices, The Stein Erickson Lodge has two HPWC that deliver 80 amps and these days are readily available. I'm biased as a former owner at Mont Cervin next door, but I'd rather do that than even have an urban Supercharger.

I’ve seen the destination chargers at some of the hotels. I could certainly do a lunch or maybe dinner at some place assuming anyone is open and service and I can be inside a plastic bubble. ;-). I may try and charge at a friends house, and then roll down the hill and hit an SC in SLC before heading back west on 80.

Reactions: jbcarioca
I guess I'm confused about the supposed "lack" of charging stations in the area. There's a ton. If you need high speed charging as I mentioned there's two CHAdeMO in Kimball that are free to use. Driving around town you don't really need more then 30 miles a day. Park City is dense.

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 1.19.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 1.19.57 PM.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Brave Ulysses
I think one of the issues is, the plugs listed on plugshare are not listed on ChargePoint or on regular EV charging searching in google. So, it appears that there are fewer than there maybe are. Does seem like a lot are in hotel gated or private garages.. maybe I can get some valet to take mercy on me.

So, I guess this is a secret. But, go to the Montage Deer Valley. Valet parking is completely free there and they have 72 AMP Tesla chargers. Spend a few hours hiking or hanging at the hotel (free smores at 5PM), fun little bowling alley in the basement, good whiskey bar, overpriced sushi bar. But completely free Tesla charging.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Yea, and there's also 72 amp Tesla chargers at both Silver Mountain Sport Club locations.

/Edit, Also there's no secret to the Montage location, it's all on plugshare. The only secret location I know of in town is at the garage where they store the busses. It's public, but not listed anywhere.

• Disagree
Yea, and there's also 72 amp Tesla chargers at both Silver Mountain Sport Club locations.

/Edit, Also there's no secret to the Montage location, it's all on plugshare. The only secret location I know of in town is at the garage where they store the busses. It's public, but not listed anywhere.

Wrong. Plugshare shows the Montage as for "Guests only"

Nice try to flex though. Just trying to help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.19.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.19.14 PM.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 55
Wrong. Plugshare shows the Montage as for "Guests only"

Nice try to flex though. Just trying to help.
Yea and Silver Mountain Sports Club lists theirs as "For patrons only" but that never stops anyone. The only places that have given me a hassle about charging in town, (and yes, I've tried to hit them all) is Hotel Park City, Westgate at Canyons, and Hyatt at Canyons. Waldorf Astoria at canyons is cool in the summer, and after skiing in winter, but if you try to use them during the ski day they will say no if you aren't a guest.
I haven't hit Stein Eriksen residences as I've never had a reason to go there, but the normal Steins is a great place for Brunch. Zane the Exec. chief is a master.

Anyway, Yea, lots of free charging all around park city, only a few Tesla specific chargers, but it's park city, you should get out and stretch you legs. Parking is free for the time being so who cares if you leave your car plugged in for 12 hours at China bridge.

• Disagree
Yea, because I was the one who installed them at both Silver Mountain locations and made the entry on Plugshare. Doesn't matter what you say on the website people use them all the time. We almost removed them because of rideshare abuse before the town finally installed more all over the place.

Go up to Montage during ski season and try to use the chargers when you aren't a guest or dining inside, they will send you on your way.

/edit. I have no idea why black diamond lodge lists their chargers on plugshare, they are most certainly not public either.

• Disagree
Yea, because I was the one who installed them at both Silver Mountain locations and made the entry on Plugshare. Doesn't matter what you say on the website people use them all the time. We almost removed them because of rideshare abuse before the town finally installed more all over the place.

Go up to Montage during ski season and try to use the chargers when you aren't a guest or dining inside, they will send you on your way.

ski season is the majority of the time I have used them. Every winter... during Sundance. And I sure as hell have never stayed at the Montage.

You are extremely arrogant.

Alright Brave, stay calm. And let's get back to the topic of the Park City, UT supercharger.

The Tesla supercharger map lists it as "Coming Soon(!)" with a target opening of 2020. Does anyone have any good info on when and where this will open?

Is that at the bottom of town, or the top of town?

I'm ultimately nearest the Canyons, might try and hit one of the hotels there and slip a valet a 10$.