Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parked Car and came back to find it 15 meters ahead with right wheels on curb!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.
I’m not sure what happened here. Waiting to get all to Tesla support and check logs. Went to pick son at school. Parked car. Walked 150 meters to get him. Came back and car was about 15 meters up the street with the curbside wheel now both on the curb. First I told myself I done an absolutely crappy job at parking and wondered how that was possible. But then realized my car had moved and I could see the tire tracks in the snow from where I left it to where it ended up.
Read something about pocket dial summon? But that doesn’t seem right for
My circumstance as I didn’t access app earlier.

Hi all.
I’m not sure what happened here. Waiting to get all to Tesla support and check logs. Went to pick son at school. Parked car. Walked 150 meters to get him. Came back and car was about 15 meters up the street with the curbside wheel now both on the curb. First I told myself I done an absolutely crappy job at parking and wondered how that was possible. But then realized my car had moved and I could see the tire tracks in the snow from where I left it to where it ended up.
Read something about pocket dial summon? But that doesn’t seem right for
My circumstance as I didn’t access app earlier.

people are probably referring the summon using your keyfob, not the app.

you can summon the car by holding the middle of the keyfob until the lights flash, then tapping the frunk button to move forward and the rear button to go back. this is most likely what you did

people are probably referring the summon using your keyfob, not the app.

you can summon the car by holding the middle of the keyfob until the lights flash, then tapping the frunk button to move forward and the rear button to go back. this is most likely what you did
Or it slid on the snow. It would be pretty difficult to hit the appropriate buttons in the sequence needed in the time needed in order to have this function work.

Just going through the millions of older posts learning about my P100D. I would guess that maybe you pushed the Park button twice and the car went into autopark mode and pulled forward on it's own after you got out? I still can't seem to get autopark to recognize parking spaces, but I don't have issues parallel parking, so it is more just to try out and see if it works, but alas the car has yet to actually identify a parking space for me to try out.