Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parked Model 3 Hit, How can i recoup my value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 long range was hit while parked. Rear and front damage, initial estimate $13k but rep said he expects it to go to $30k but won't be totaled. Value of my vehicle is going to be destroyed after this, any thoughts on litigation to recoup lost value?

My model 3 long range was hit while parked. Rear and front damage, initial estimate $13k but rep said he expects it to go to $30k but won't be totaled. Value of my vehicle is going to be destroyed after this, any thoughts on litigation to recoup lost value?

Once its repaired, perhaps you should consider pursuing a diminished value claim. I believe what state you are in may dictate whether you can file such a claim or not.

A blurb on diminished value:

Simply... you won't, at least not even remotely easily. The best you can do is file a Diminished Value claim, but those are difficult to win and rarely "make your whole."

I'm not saying it's not worth pursuing - but it's a difficult process and one which insurance companies fight pretty hard. So, best of luck with the process -- I hope you do recoup all of the value!