Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Assist Not Working [not Autopark]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
parking sensors no different that I can see. Front sensors give me a distance from the garage end wall as usual. Rear sensors tell me to stop when backing through the door opening. I wouldn’t say the doorway is tight, I used to get my ’94 Discovery through it without folding the mirrors.
it may be because the garage is 12ft wide inside but the doorway is only 8 feet

Success with Summon is inversely proportional to the number of eyeballs present. I've never managed Smart Summon but unleaded works 50pc of the time.
Amen to that.

I can’t get Smart Summon to work at all, probably because you have to be in arms reach which basically means you’re just walking the car like a dog. It also won’t work anywhere close to a road.

Not sure what “unleaded” was supposed to be but made me chuckle. This is an EV forum! We don’t talk about petrol here!

Amen to that.

I can’t get Smart Summon to work at all, probably because you have to be in arms reach which basically means you’re just walking the car like a dog. It also won’t work anywhere close to a road.

Not sure what “unleaded” was supposed to be but made me chuckle. This is an EV forum! We don’t talk about petrol here!
Smart Summon = Super Shell
Summon = 95 octane unleaded🤣

Reactions: Durzel
Just an update on this. Car went into Leeds Tesla last week. They couldn't find a fault despite the parking sensors displaying an error as soon as car put in reverse. They had to wait for an engineer in the States to plug in and see what was going on so they had to keep it overnight - gave me a Model X loan car - sadly in Chill mode which I believe is the norm when they give you a courtesy car. Picked up next day and they said they have sorted it - asked them how and told they had to reset some of the "flash modules". Been working fine over the weekend with no problem. Glad I didn't accept the initial - "known bug, wait for a software update as can't see anything wrong remotely" line they initially gave me.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and MrBadger
Moderator comment - this thread is about Part Assist not Autopark.

Park Assist is not the same as Autopark on FSD and EAP.

Park Assist is the coloured distance bands and optional acoustic warnings that are triggered when you are close to other objects.

Moderator comment - this thread is about Part Assist not Autopark.

Park Assist is not the same as Autopark on FSD and EAP.

Park Assist is the coloured distance bands and optional acoustic warnings that are triggered when you are close to other objects.
Not quite sure what you mean with that.
I am talking about the car coming up with the “P” parking icon when it detects a valid space when I am slowly looking for one.
50% of the time it doesn’t, but it makes up for this by showing the “P” about the same frequency passing gaps between roadside shrubs!

Not quite sure what you mean with that.
I am talking about the car coming up with the “P” parking icon when it detects a valid space when I am slowly looking for one.
50% of the time it doesn’t, but it makes up for this by showing the “P” about the same frequency passing gaps between roadside shrubs!

Yes. And this thread is about the Park Assist ultrasonic parking sensors not working ie not showing the 'force field' around the car, object distance and sounding the audible warning - nothing to do with auto park and the P symbol/button

1621792282773.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kennyfreemoney
Yes. And this thread is about the Park Assist ultrasonic parking sensors not working ie not showing the 'force field' around the car, object distance and sounding the audible warning - nothing to do with auto park and the P symbol/button

View attachment 665318

In that image, the second sensor up at the front isn't working.. there is no circle coming out from it... how ironic.

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
4.18 caused the issue for me

4.18 has caused my parking assistant to fail too. Booked in to SC on Wednesday. Just get "Park Assist not available " on the screen every time I slow down or reverse.

Bummer.
It seems to have fixed mine. Prior to it I had the error come up in about 50% of drives. Fingers crossed it;s a permanent fix (unless until the next firmware "fix"!)

The audacity:

Hi Hartmut,

We recently had our tech team remotely diagnose your vehicle in relation to the chime you have been experiencing. Here is what they found:

"There are no alerts in the logs. This is related to a new Firmware bug that will be fixed in a Future Firmware Update. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated release date for when this will be ready yet."

We have closed this case at this time, but hope to have a fix soon with a future firmware update. If you have any other questions, you can respond directly to this SMS. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Tesla Skøyen