Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
>

Reiterating - hi, Pot!
This would be true if we were just stating baseless opinions based on our preference. The difference is that what I am stating is supported by objective facts, including crash statistics and annual child/pedestrian deaths due to backing out of spots. If you have some sort of objective proof for your stance, then the "pot/kettle" comments would be valid. Otherwise, not so much. :)

For example

"Backing out a space unfortunately leads to many fatalities. In a 2018 study of non-traffic motor vehicle crashes in 2015, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that 12,000 vehicle nonoccupants (eg. pedestrians or cyclists) were injured by vehicles backing up, and 284 were killed. This class of crashes, non-traffic, was limited to incidents occurring outside public trafficways, typically driveways and parking facilities."

Why reverse parking is safer | Geotab

I will remind people that we do not allow name calling or personal attacks here at TMC. Debate sometimes brings about the desire to do those things, and there are some posts in this thread that are really close to that line (and perhaps over, havent decided yet), but I am giving a general warning to keep any debate civil.

Often, backing in would make access to my rear door near impossible, not good when grocery shopping.
I agree with this especially if you have something big to load. If it's just groceries, I usually try to leave a foot or two of empty room in the back of the space if the spaces are deep enough. As long as I'm not sticking out like a 4 door long bed super duty clown pickup truck 😂

Also, to be clear, I wholeheartedly agree that Tesla should restore all driver assist features that have been removed. It should have been in place and operational before the hardware changes that caused the lack of functionality imo.

Sensors, radars, cameras and software are there for us imperfect humans (Tesslabear excluded).

My other car, Genesis GV60 (and lots of other cars), that I believe it is protecting itself, it will flash, beep, and brake when it get too close to anything, in front or backing up.

I agree it is unacceptable. If they do not deliver a on par or better system than USS via the SW update I believe we will sell our '23 MYLR.
For the me the price clim down is not a good deal for a sell this year. I am kind of stuck for two years now. I get so annoyed when I get too close to an object while parking without the systems warning me of the oversight. Its going to be daily ritual for next two years

Status
Not open for further replies.