Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Assistance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my Tesla Model 3 SR yesterday, my first Tesla.

My previous car, a 2018 Toyota Prius Prime (Advanced Trim) had some parking assistance to park the car automatically with parallel parking and back-in parking. I didn't use it much, but occasionally did.

I thought that the Tesla, a more expensive and newer car with more autopilot features, would probably do that better. But in looking at the manual, it appeared to me that only gets parking assist if one pays $10,000 extra for the "full self-driving capability". Is that correct? If so, surprising that Tesla does not include that as a basic feature?

Yes thats correct.

People make this particular mistake all the time (with this particular mistake = "this expensive car should have every feature my cheaper car did") and that is FAR from the case. In fact, the more expensive the car, the more they normally "charge for features that hyundia / toyota give free".

Source? Every single car from BMW / Mercedes / Porsche etc that charges for features that hyundai and toyota give for free.

Reactions: TBrownTX and maiki
Yes thats correct.

People make this particular mistake all the time (with this particular mistake = "this expensive car should have every feature my cheaper car did") and that is FAR from the case. In fact, the more expensive the car, the more they normally "charge for features that hyundia / toyota give free".

Source? Every single car from BMW / Mercedes / Porsche etc that charges for features that hyundai and toyota give for free.
But charging $10,000 more to get that parking assistance is pretty extreme!

I guess it helps Musk to play with rockets. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX