TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Parking at JFK or Boston airports

Discussion in 'New England' started by john01, Jan 25, 2014.

1. john01

john01 Member

Now that we have a SC at JFK, does anyone trust an airport location to park their beloved MS? If so where do you park?

The same question applies for Boston airport. Do any of the Parking facilities have charging? In Boston I usually use Thrifty, the do not have charging.

John

2. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Discussion about Logan chargers recently on this thread: Logan Chargers

3. dilithium

dilithium Member

I never park my MS at the airport. I always take my 15 year old ICE. I just don't want to leave the MS exposed to the elements.

4. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

I've parked to charge at Logan only when picking up or dropping off my kids.
    When I fly I generally take longer trips so I take a limo service to the airport since it is cheaper than paying for parking.

5. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

At Logan, the EV spots are under roof. Never had an issue there. Note that Cinergi has been ticketed with his Roadster because some idiot doesn't know it's an EV. If you EV plates, you should be good to go.

Th JFK SCs are not what you should use for long-term parking, and they're in a horrible place for airline passengers. At JFK, I'd park unplugged and then use the SC on return to get the charge I needed for the trip home.

6. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Everyone feels differently, but i've parked mine at LaGuardia, Westchester and Bradley without any concerns. It's a car; it can hang out at a parking lot without a problem.

7. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

+1
    Left mine up to 3 days at Logan many times, and at lots in Boston, Hartford and NYC. Never had an issue, though I do avoid valets if I can. For me it's a car not a baby, unlike the Nationwide ads.

Baby - Nationwide Insurance - YouTube