TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Parking at Logan Airport

Discussion in 'Model X' started by wildspitze, May 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wildspitze

wildspitze New Member

We have just returned from a 3 week trip to Europe. We parked at the Hilton Garden Inn that has a stay, park and fly option and 6 Charge Point chargers. The chargers are usually all available but we did not want to hog one for three weeks so we parked our X nearby. Even though we had the car in energy savings mode with the "always on" turned off we were easily able to access car data while in Europe. It was a relief to see that the battery only lost about a mile a day. Our flight returned in the evening so we charged the car while staying overnight, by morning (long before) the car was ready to go. The hotel and hotel bar were entirely satisfactory. For longer trips where you want to stay overnight at the airport before or after your flight this is an ideal solution. Leaving a Tesla unplugged for three weeks can be a terrifying prospect and I have not read much about people who have been crazy enough to try it. So here is one case where it worked great. It will work even better when the car rental companies wise up and start offering the model 3.

• Like x 2
  2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

I wonder if you can leave it connected with a prior arrangement. I have done that twice with no problem, not at the BOS HGI though.

3. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Class act not tying up charger......

• Like x 3