Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking at Long Beach Pier for Carnival Cruise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone has parked their Model S at the Long Beach Pier for a Carnival Cruise? I see there's a blink station .2 miles away and a 120v outlet in the parking garage .1 miles away so should be good with the 120v for the 3 days. I'm guessing it will charge at 6+ miles per hour, I'll be gone roughly 60-70 hours so I should come back to a full charge.

Taking the model S naturally my first concern is where to charge which hopefully these chargers work and are in good locations. Second, I'm wondering how it is there from a safety perspective. I haven't parked there before and I don't know what the access is like in / out of the garage or if it's safe in general. So if you have parked there and can help me answer either of these questions or have anything to add / share please feel free to chime in!

Thanks in advance,
Hussain

From what I remember the area is fenced off with security patrol, the Queen Mary & cruise ships receive plenty of law enforcement attention.

With Hawthorne only 20 miles away I wouldn't stress over charging if the 120v isn't available.

Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. My only issue's with leaving there as soon as we get back. Wifey's in med school and she need to get back asap. Even stopping to charge in Barstow was almost a reason to take an ICE instead for her. I will definitely plug in to either 120v or a charge point blink charger and leave it plugged in. I'm sure we'll get some traffic in Barstow on Monday which is Labor Day around 11am when we get there, but hopefully the extra stations are open and they have at least one open spot.